Oh no, not that song again!

I agree about “Solid Rock”'Triple M flog it too much,also agree about the Gotye track

Australian Crawl,“Boys Light Up” 1980,I’ve never liked this track from them,I prefer to hear “Errol” or “Downhearted”
“Reckless” is another favourite of mine

Just a Gigalo- DAVID LEE ROTH (2UUS)
Coco Jamboo- MR PRESIDENT (2GGO)

Red Hot Chili Pepper’s new single, “Dark Necessities”.

I don’t mind the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but Triple M Sydney have been playing their latest single every day for the past week or so…and more than once too!

well yeah, because it’s a new song. Of course it’s on higher rotation! :smiley:

I can’t believe that this one hasn’t been mentioned in this thread!

Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody. Another song that certain radio stations play too much! :confused:

It does get played too much by Triple M and River 94.9 but I still like it.I’m old enough to remember the video of this song which was way ahead of its time(1976)it was Number 1 for weeks so the film clip was replayed on “Countdown” every weekend😳

It’s strange how BohRap gets flogged to death, but nobody touches ‘Innuendo’, which is in a very similar vein. Being one of the last Queen releases before FM’s untimely end, it’s lack of exposure is even more puzzling.

blasphemous. Wash your mouth out. :stuck_out_tongue:

To be honest I find it’s Killer Queen that is overly flogged up here.

Admittedly, I have never heard anyone complain about hearing “Bohemian Rhapsody” too many times before, but each to their own…

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:26, topic:287”]
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody. Another song that certain radio stations play too much! :confused:[/quote]
I’m sure you’ll love this then :joy:

I know people that can’t stand it. Personally, it’s a bit overdone, but not nearly to the levels of other Queen tracks (think We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions or Another One Bites The Dust - those ones are really overdone!)

A lesser known Queen song that I’ve been hearing on the radio quite a bit lately is “I Want To Break Free”.

It never used to get played much. Not sure why it is now all of a sudden.
Also when a song like “Radio Ga Ga” is a better choice in my opinion,

Within a 3-hour period this afternoon, I’ve heard it on two commercial FM stations in Sydney, first on Smooth (!) at around 12:20pm & then on WS at around 2:40pm. The main difference is that Smooth played the full version, whilst WS played the edited version.

“Mysterious Ways” by U2.

2MMM have been playing it almost every day for the past two weeks. I also heard it on i98fm at midday as well!

the Cardigans, “Love Fool”

I haven’t heard that one for a while!

It’s bad enough Pink songs get flogged relentlessly up here, but combining her with some Country singer (Kenny Chesney from research) and playing that song a couple of times a day gets on my nerves.

The other one that gets flogged all the time particularly when I turn on MMM Melbourne seems to be Black Crowes - Hard to Handle.

And add to the list Alannah Myles - Black Velvet…

I agree, those songs from the Black Crowes and Alannah Myles get more airplay than they deserve.

MMM are always playing “Hard To Handle”.