NRL on Nine

NRL 2019 - Who will rise up? pic.twitter.com/DJUWYbcB6k

— NRL on Nine (@NRLonNine) January 16, 2019

Here it is mate.

2 Likes

thanks - serious question, how the feck do you do that with twitter stuff? @littlegezzybear

Cheers!

Just link the tweet and the forum software does the rest.

2 Likes

I copied and pasted “embed tweet” - thanks mate.

1 Like

THe promo should say starts [insert date] on Nine. I thought it’s 7 March 2019

nope. 14th :slight_smile:

NRL ALL STAR GAMES AND WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE:

FROM TOMORROW 15 FEBRUARY

Some of the hottest talent in rugby league will face off in the 2019 NRL All Star double-header tomorrow when the Australian Indigenous All Stars play the New Zealand Māori Kiwis for the first time.

Then on Monday, the 2018 premiers, the Sydney Roosters, take on reigning Super League champions, the Wigan Warriors, in the Rugby League World Club Challenge .

In what promises to be two explosive battles, the best male and female indigenous and Māori players in the game will clash at Melbourne’s AAMI Park, with coverage of the women’s game starting tomorrow at 5.10pm AEDT, and the men’s game at 7.30pm AEDT.

The All Star double-header will mark the debut of Nine’s commentary recruits Johnathan Thurston, Billy Slater and Sam Thaiday as they add their expert opinions and insights as former NRL, State of Origin and international stars.

The men’s Indigenous and Māori sides are packed with representative talent, ensuring an exciting, high-calibre and passionate contest.

Scintillating backline players including Latrell Mitchell , Blake Ferguson , Josh Addo-Carr and Will Chambers headline the Indigenous side after playing in the 2018 NRL Grand Final, while surging youngsters including the Broncos’ David Fifita and the Knights’ Jesse Ramien will make their representative debuts.

They will be evenly matched against a powerhouse Māori side with a forward pack led by captain Adam Blair (Warriors), James Tamou (Panthers), Kevin Proctor (Titans) and Jesse Bromwich (Storm). Kalyn Ponga, the Knights’ excitement machine, could prove to be a deciding factor, with anything possible when he gets his hands on the ball.

Ahead of the men’s contest, the best female indigenous and Māori players will compete on 9GEM for the first time, hoping to turn some heads ahead of the 2019 NRLW competition.

All eyes will be on the props, as former Jillaroo Bec Young lines up against former Kiwi heavyweight sumo wrestler, Geneva Webber.

On Monday morning, February 18, the Sydney Roosters take on Wigan Warriors, the reigning Super League champions, in the World Club Challenge from DW Stadium in Wigan.

Wigan are determined to prove naysayers wrong as they take on the favourites from Australia and vow to pressure champion halfback Cooper Cronk in his first game since playing in the 2018 Grand Final with a broken shoulder.

Wigan will be led by a crafty veteran, the Kiwi international halfback Thomas Leuluai, while tough England international forward Sean O’Loughlin will prove a handful for Roosters captain Boyd Cordner – two men who have met before on the international stage.

Broadcast Times

Friday, February 15

Australian Indigenous Women’s All Stars v New Zealand Maori Ferns

Hosts and Commentators: James Bracey, Ruan Sims, Phil Gould, Mat Thompson

Sydney 5.10pm LIVE on 9GEM

Brisbane 4.10pm LIVE on 9GEM

Melbourne 5.10pm LIVE on 9GEM

Adelaide 4.40pm LIVE on 9GEM

Perth 2.10am LIVE on 9GEM

Friday, February 15

Australian Indigenous All Stars v New Zealand Maori Kiwis

Hosts and Commentators: James Bracey, Johnathan Thurston, Billy Slater, Sam Thaiday, Ruan Sims, Andrew Johns, Phil Gould, Mat Thompson

Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on Nine

Brisbane 7.00pm LIVE on Nine

Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on 9GEM

Adelaide 7.00pm LIVE on 9GEM

Perth 4.30pm LIVE on 9GEM

Monday, February 18

World Club Challenge: Sydney Roosters v Wigan Warriors

Hosts and Commentators: James Bracey, Phil Gould, Andrew Johns

Sydney 5.45am LIVE on 9GEM

Brisbane 4.45am LIVE on 9GEM

Melbourne 5.45am LIVE on 9GEM

Adelaide 5.15am LIVE on 9GEM

Perth 2.45am LIVE on 9GEM

Live streaming for Nine’s NRL programming available on 9Now

Excited to see how JT, Slater and Thaiday do in the commentary ranks. Looks like 9 are going to run with four sideline commentators, seems like overkill.

I assume that Allana Ferguson won’t return until around June?

Last year for Ray Warren and Peter Sterling in 2019, interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Totally agree,

9 on air presenters, commentators, sideline eyes is far too many. 4 or 5 is enough.

Looks like they’ll be taking the SKY UK commentary for the World Club Challenge game, with the other 3 in the studio…

Where’d you get your info about Ray Warren and Peter Sterling? Pretty sure Sterling only recently signed a new contract and I can’t see them letting there best expert go.

Im sure I’ve read that about Sterling too… Can’t remember where though, probably in a News Ltd article.

Not sure about Ray Warren… I HOPE it’s his last year, I prefer Warren Smith (who has been rumored to be taking over from Ray) or Mat Thompson as commentators.

I also think it’s about time that Ray Warren retired but at the same time, Nine still should celebrate the end of Warren’s career with viewers since he’s probably the only member of an iconic 1980s/1990s Wide World of Sports team which is still on air with most of the others having retired (several of whom have sadly passed on) in recent years.

1 Like

Suspect some of the talent listed will only be used on the desk for pre/post-game + half time analysis rather than all being involved with the actual call

Is the World Cup challenge exclusive to 9Gem or not?

No, World Club Challenge will also be shown live on Fox League.

2 Likes

Nice (ish) new graphics on Nine’s NRL tonight.

2 Likes

Channel 9 unveiled its new graphics with an Arial font. And what is good news is that rugby league is back for 2019!

3 Likes

Arial? Surely the typeface in use is some variant of Helvetica or Swiss?

Either way, the quality of the scoreboard graphic looks like something Prime7 would produce if they ever had to do sports graphics. :confused:

1 Like

It looks like a similar flat look and using similar font to Sky NZ.