NRL on Nine

Incorrect.

1 Like

Sorry @pelican, @TFTV is correct after all.

You QLDers tend to get things muddled up with your two heads :sunglasses:

1 Like

2 heads and 7 more shields than you NSW lot

2 Likes

###STATE OF ORIGIN 2017

Rugby league’s greatest rivalry returns Exclusively LIVE and FREE to Channel Nine when the XXXX Queensland Maroons face the NSW VB Blues in Holden State of Origin Game 1 at Suncorp Stadium on Wednesday, May 31, at 7.30pm.

The voice of rugby league, Ray “Rabs” Warren, will call the action from the Nine Network commentary box alongside Peter Sterling, Phil Gould and Paul Vautin.

James Bracey will host Nine’s exclusive LIVE and FREE State of Origin Game 1 coverage flanked by rugby league immortals Andrew “Joey” Johns and Wally “The King” Lewis, along with Origin legends Darren Lockyer and Brad Fittler.

What’s more, viewers can get up-to-date scores, tackles and live commentary with Wide World of Sports on social media: LIKE the big moments on Facebook and Instagram. Join the chat on Twitter using #Origin.

2017 STATE OF ORIGIN COUNTDOWN

• SIX TACKLES WITH GUS – The hardest opinions and news stories throughout the 2017 Origin series will be covered every week on Six Tackles with Gus. Nine’s James Bracey will discuss the biggest rugby league issues of the week throughout the series with NRL legend and expert commentator Phil Gould.
  • WWOS.NINE.COM.AU - Wide World of Sports will have expert analysis before and after each Origin match, with Gus Gould to pen an exclusive column on Wednesday and Thursday on top of his Six Tackles with Gus podcast. David Middleton will run his rule over the key statistics that will determine the Maroons and Blues fate, while the WWOS team will have the latest news about each side in the lead-up to the match.
  • NINE NEWS - Week nights from 6pm - Your favourite nightly news service will deliver the most up to date news leading up to Origin I. Led by Cameron Williams and Wally Lewis, Nine’s expert rugby league reporters Danny Weidler, Neil Breen, Julie Snook and Danika Mason will have all of the biggest stories before and after every game of the 2017 series from either side of the border.
  • NRL FOOTY SHOW – SOO Special, Thursday, June 1, at 8.30pm - The 11-time Logie Award-winning NRL Footy Show State of Origin Special will have all angles covered following Origin I with the raw emotion captured through exclusive post-match interviews - giving viewers unrivalled access to the best players in the game from the sheds at Suncorp Stadium.

Broadcast Times

Wednesday 31 May

Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Adelaide 7.30pm LIVE on Nine
Perth 5.30pm LIVE on Nine

STATE OF ORIGIN GAMES:

SOO Game 2 – ANZ Stadium, Sydney Wednesday, June 21, at 7.30pm
SOO Game 3 – Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane Wednesday, July 12, at 7.30pm

** Check local guides for details.

Coverage starts at 7.30pm for State of Origin 1. But the question is - when will the kick-off be? Despite it usually being announced as an 8pm kick-off, many know it wont start at time, as we wait for Channel Nine’s “Long Preview Show” to finish. lol. Last weeks Big League Magazine (NRL’s Official magazine) says it’s set for an 8.20pm kick-off.

We’ll have to see if t starts at 8 or closer towards 8.20. My guess is the latter

For contrast, I couldn’t care less.

(Although I’d like a draw, can that happen?)

Yes, for the Origin (and nrl finals), a draw can happen

1 Like

A draw can happen in the State Od Origin, there is no provision for “golden point” or extra time.

For NRL Finals, golden point still applies.
I think they play under the same rules as regular season games.

No they play Golden Point, have done ever since the 3rd game of 2002 was drawn. 2 games have been decided in such manner, the opening games of the 2004 (Brett Finch field goal) and 2005 (Matt Bowen intercept try) series. I believe however that they can play as many periods (2x5 mins) as required.

Just passed Lang Park - large number of link trucks parked in the plaza.

3 Likes

QLD Maroons colour with Starting time in Perth.

3 Likes

I’m sensing a theme

8 Likes

I’m glad Graham clearly got the memo.

3 Likes

Sadly Rabbits is soundly very out of breath and a little lagging.

He barely seems to be able to say three words without a pause.

Good on him for still having a go at 73, but he has noticeably deteriorated significantly even since the last Origin.

‘Another instalment… pause… of this magnificent occasion… pause… about to unfold…’

Would have previously been ‘Another instalment of this magnificent occasion about to unfold’.

4 Likes

And he made a mistake in the first few seconds of being on air…

“Welcome to ANZ Stadium, ah, Suncorp Stadium I should say”

I agree, time he gave it away.

6 Likes

The Footy Show on-screen promo on Nine Melbourne.

5 Likes

It’s more than a game.

1 Like

This is fake news.

1 Like

Did southern states go straight to the AFL Footy Show right after full time?

I can’t imagine they would have taken much if any of the post match coverage.

Sorry guys. The message says that it’s blacked out the Origin coverage. This means you can’t stream the match live on 9Now.