NRL on Nine

I actually think their coverage has improved in the past year or two with Cameron Smith and Billy Slater in commentary more often. They are two of the best and most interesting new ones, and I’d rather listen to them than any of the Fox co-commentators.

It’s an interesting situation as for mine, Voss and Ginnane are the current ‘voices’ of rugby league commentary and 9 really needs to pick one of them up.

I’d expect though that they’d not only need to leave Fox, but leave their radio roles at SEN/Triple M and also the Sportsbet podcast for Ginnane so that they could appear on 9’s radio stations and podcasts instead. I don’t know if Ginnane would do that given he’s been the #1 caller for a long time on Triple M and already calls Origin/Grand Finals there. He also has more freedom to speak his mind there and on the Sportsbet podcast than what 9 would allow him to on their shows - but then that might just be what 9 needs for their coverage.

1 Like

Watching alternate streams on 9Now.
You can see there’s red lines on the spider cam.

4 Likes

Usually I watch Fox’s coverage, but obviously can’t here. Nine just have far too many cooks in the kitchen. It feels like you’re getting whiplash with all the different voices on air - including the crosses to the coaches who are both part of the 9 extended family.

4 Likes

The scoreboard has changed

Tonight they “only” have 6 in the box or on the sidelines,

I’m pretty sure they had TWELVE involved in last year’s Grand Final game.

Agree 6 is still too many.

3 Likes

It did for Origin 1.

1 Like

Yep - although Paul Vautin is floating around so too Gus, James Bracey hosting…far too many.

1 Like

Agreed! 3 is too many commentators, no matter the sport.
Only need 1 play-by-play and 1 analyst.

Channel 9 have always had more than 3 (sometimes 4 or 5) commentators in the box. It goes has far back at the 1990s.

3 Likes

It’s changed again. Look closely.

It’s more transparent?

Feel free to spell it out for us other than ‘the scoreboard has changed’.

2 Likes

Nice work at looking more closely.

Don’t get upset with me that you arrogantly shut down my original comment straight away.

If I was able to provide a cap of the screen, I would have.

And yet again, the third match will be the decider, which will get big ratings.

3 Likes

Tonight

Game 1

7 Likes

Someone had already presented caps… you could have been more descriptive in what you were talking about… “the scoreboard seems to be more transparent”. Better then an ambiguous post in the first place

1 Like

Not before my posts they hadn’t.

Anyway, move on.

Sorry they were the 9now caps. My apologies.
Still you could have been more descriptive in what the change is.
It’s be like me saying “the news is different” rather than posting something that is more informative.

I don’t agree on calling mods arrogant either. Just because we sit behind keyboards doesn’t give the right to throw stick at people like that. I find that arrogant.

I’ve said my piece now. I’ll move on :innocent:

On topic, I don’t know how I feel about the score bar being transparent on the side now. I don’t think it’s necessary, not sure why the change was implemented tonight.
Unless it was a Perth thing - they do like to do things different in perms of presentation over there! Ha

3 Likes

All good.

Firstly, I was watching the game so kept it brief.

Secondly, I have no idea why people are complaining about me saying ‘the scoreboard has changed’. People can see for themselves. The amount of times people wrote ‘new graphics’ or ‘the graphics have changed’ etc. etc.

I can’t believe that my comment has come under fire this much. Anyway…

Go NSW.

Nah why would they play a match delayed?

That is what Nine did with its double header format between 2007 and 2015. Both the matches would be played simultaneously at 7:30pm, but depending on the team/s involved, Match A would be shown live in NSW and on delay in QLD, and Match B would be shown live in QLD and on delay in NSW (and vice versa).

But going forward, I definitely cannot see Nine returning to that format, with matches no longer overlapping.

4 Likes