NRL on Nine

7 Likes

What’s coming? Aliens? Sexy supermodels? Nude photos of MediaSpy members?

This looks and sounds stupid. If it’s meant to be for Origin, then come right out and say it.

8 Likes

Kick-off time for Friday’s NRL is now 8:05 PM AEST. Nine and 9Gem times not changed.

6 Likes

Also no Thursday night game for Nine tonight with Magic Round on.
They get a Saturday night game instead.

3 Likes

When did they start playing on Thursdays? It’s bloody stupid

For a number of years. The dumbest one is the 6pm Friday match.

10 Likes

Yeah, I don’t like 6pm Fridays either.

I would prefer a Sunday night game.

5 Likes

A LONG TIME

2 Likes

It eats up a whole night of programming. I reckon Travel Guides would work better in the Gogglebox timeslot while its off air and a few other shows don’t have the competition of the bigger shows on other networks and put it on Saturday instead.

???

It’s guaranteed content for around half the year (give or take). Ratings fluctuate week to week depending on teams/markets involved but viewers know they can find a league game there most weeks.

2 Likes

Former Melbourne Storm premiership captain Cameron Smith has signed with Nine as an expert commentator, joining fellow teammate Billy Slater.

5 Likes

Strip Nine of the rights now. :rofl:

Why?

You clearly don’t get the joke.

Smith is a wanker.

1 Like

And distribute the rights equally to Seven, Ten, Fox, Optus and Sports Flick? :wink:

No he is a legend of the sport

3 Likes

Only on the proviso that certain people, including Smith, are not employed. And not to Sports Flick, that would preclude them from Serbian rugby league and illegal street races. :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s still a wanker. You can be a legend of your chosen field, and still be a wanker.

3 Likes

Given that Cameron Smith has had a less than amicable relationship with Nine in the past (Remember the controversy surrounding that 60 Minutes report about Alex McKinnon some years ago?), I suspect the icons below are a significant reason why he’s joined the network to be an expert commentator:

:moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Agreed.

Don’t ever say anything bad about Cameron Smith if you’re anywhere near Storm fans though: It generally doesn’t go down too well!

Yes, ex-footballers do need a career of some sort post football.
Will be interesting how Cam goes behind the mic.

Not all great footballers will make good expert commentators, I wasn’t particularly impressed with Sonny Bill Williams recent efforts.

6 Likes