NRL on Nine

This weekend should be OK. Friday is before the deadline and as long as the commentators fly in before 1am Saturday and arrive early for Sunday’s game.

5 Likes

Can’t they go between the two without quarantining as they are TV presenters?

1 Like

The Brisbane games have been using Peter Psaltis as play by play with Darryn Lockyer. They are trying to not mix the teams up much.

4 Likes

This weekend would probably be “fine” with commentators, if they arrive prior to 1am on Saturday morning. As of next weekend onward though, they’d probably have Peter Psaltis and Darryn Lockyer there, with possibly Sam Thaiday as a possible “sideline commentator” or or interview players?

And the rest in the Sydney Studio.

2 Likes

The worst case scenario is that Channel Nine NRL commentators will have to call the matches from TCN9 Sydney Studios (if the game is being played in Brisbane, Gold Coast or in Townsville). It is extremely likely that James Bracey will be staying in Sydney hosting the Nine’s NRL coverage.

3 Likes

It isn’t exactly going to impact viewers in any way. Channel 7’s AFL team have been calling from the studio in Melbourne (and Bruce in Adelaide) for most of the season.

4 Likes

Could this mean that Nine only uses Peter Psaltis as play by play with Darryn Lockyer?

2 Likes

For QLD games yes, they could get another QLDer in alongside or rotate with Lockyer.

3 Likes

Peter Psaltis is so much better than Chris Bombalas, who called Broncos games for Nine that weren’t covered by Rabs and co up till 07. He was so much a Broncos homer, and it showed. I remember downloading some of those Broncos matches off a torrent site in 05 and 06, and i’ll tell you, i’ve never seen a commentary team so one-sided than Bomber and Wally Lewis! Psaltis is more even handed in his calls, even with Lockyer.

2 Likes

Here’s a look at the different sponsor billboards from Nine and the various affiliates …
Nine:

Nine Darwin:

NBN:

SCA Nine:

Imparja:

WIN:

4 Likes

I agree, Peter is a good caller. Nine now have good coverage for when Ray eventually retires (even though he hasn’t commentated on many games this year).

Nine now probably don’t need to go after someone at FOX Sports like Warren Smith.

1 Like

From the Sunshine Coast Stadium this afternoon

8 Likes

Is it just those two doing the call, or do they mix Gus and Sterlo from the TCN9 Sydney Studios

100% Footy will be on tomorrow at the earlier time of 7:30pm and be shown on 9Gem (NOT the main channel). Sonny Bill Williams will appear as a guest.

5 Likes

Glad that the show is on at an earlier time.

But 100% Fiity will be repeated on Nine at 11.30pm for those that missed it at the new time.

4 Likes

I think Nine made the right decision to shunt the 100% Footy from the primary channel to 9Gem (as it doesn’t rate well in its late timeslot. However, they decided to put it at an earlier time at 7:30pm. Putting the show at an earlier timeslot would allow to boost ratings for Sydney and Brisbane markets.

2 Likes

The show is being first broadcast on 9GEM as noted last week. It will still be shown on the main channel in its usual late timeslot.

6 Likes

Surprised Nine decided not to show tonight’s Storm v Roosters match on the main channel in Melbourne - it’s not going up against the AFL on Seven and it’s a high-profile match involving one of the team’s rivals

5 Likes

Obviously didn’t rate how they wanted last time they tried it.

1 Like

That because they do not care and the programming dept thinking belongs to the 80’s

2 Likes