NRL on Nine

Paul Vautin’s mum died on Friday. Hence Gould’s last minute trip up and roster changes.

3 Likes

Ray Warren returned tonight to call the Rabbitohs-Tigers match at Bankwest Stadium.

3 Likes

Erin Molan, not sure if she’s just having a blonde moment, asked the panel during “Friday Night Knock Off”…

“Do you put your foot on a gear or on a pedal?” when discussing the Tigers big win against the hapless Broncos.

Defintely having off an off night - I think.

She just referred to Gal (Paul Gallen) as Gus (Phil Gould).

1 Like

To be honest, both of them are equally ugly, so easily interchangeable.

I’d still like to give her one. :wink:

3 Likes

It referred to Erin saying “hooka looka mooka hooka fooka” while referencing a previous story discussing the difficulty of pronouncing the names of Pacific Islands players.
2 Likes

This afternoon, I had a phone call to Nine Perth saying about the State of Origin schedules in NOvember. I know that Perth will be 3 hours behind Sydney in November (due to daylight saving). A spokesman told me that Channel Nine won’t show the entire match on the primary channel. (They may have the first 90 mins on 9GEM in HD before switching over to Nine HD.)

Did Nine Perth forget that it showed the NRL Grand Final live on the main channel followed by Nine News at 7pm, skipping the post-match coverage? I think its telecast of State of Origin should be similar to this.

1 Like

State Of Origin will Be played on 3 consecutive Wednesday nights. They won’t play Sunday matches Due to COVID19. The NRL are wanting to finish the NRL by the end of This year.

2 Likes

I’m confused. How does the virus make any difference as to whether games should be played on Wednesday or Sunday?

1 Like

I think it’s more about trying to get all matches played as soon as possible.

1 Like

Just to let you know, the Season was put on hold from late March through to late May. The state of origin matches that were scheduled to Ben played in Adelaide, Sydney and brisbane in June and July were shunted to November. The NRL hasn’t finalised the venues for the state of origin series yet. I think that they will retain Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney for this year’s origin series.
Just to let you know:
State Of origin Game 1 was originally scheduled to be played in Adelaide oval on the 3rd June.
State of Origin Game 2 was originally scheduled to be played in anz stadium on the 21st june.
State of Origin Game 3 was originally scheduled to be played in Suncorp Stadium on the 8 July. Unfortunately, they were postponed due to changes to the NRL Scheduling.

I’m more than aware of how the NRL season was postponed due to the pandemic which resulted in the State of Origin series being delayed. But with the venues still yet to be decided (although at this stage, I’d imagine they’ll still be in Adelaide, Brisbane & Sydney) how do we know what dates the matches will be played on?

Realistically I’m not expecting this to happen for various reasons (#1 being that Origin is largely a made for TV spectacle, what with the traditional Wednesday nights in Winter scheduling), but I personally hope the post-NRL season State of Origin will become a permanent fixture in the future.

I hope so too.

It causes too much disruption to the club competition mid year, with too many shortened rounds, player injuries etc,

3 Likes

Ray Warren commentating tonight’s Parramatta vs Wests Tigers game.

Though when James Bracey handed handed over to him, there was none of this “the best in the business”, or “the one and only”, or “the great” like they normally did … just “it’s a very good evening to Ray Warren”.

5 Likes

I remember when Ray Warren was considered capable of hosting and commentating on a rugby league match.

6 Likes

I think they took him off camera because he was getting … well… “less pretty”.

But then you wonder why Gus is still on camera … and Sterlo…

Already announced a couple of months back as 4th/11th/18th of November. But no doubt - like everything else in 2020 - it’s subject to change.

3 Likes

Does this really matter?

1 Like

How will this ban affect Nine’s coverage of NRL matches from Queensland? In recent weeks commentators had been able to travel between Sydney and Brisbane and sit in the commentary boxes at the venues.
Nine is covering Friday night’s clash between the Broncos and the Sharks in Brisbane, and Sunday’s game between Melbourne and Newcastle from Sunshine Coast Stadium.

1 Like

Just call it from the Sydney studio, with a couple of Brisbane reporters doing the interviews at the ground?

7 Likes