NRL on Nine

They might not have realised, at least quick enough, considering the AFL’s fixture / broadcast details have been changing on almost a daily basis. Plus The Front Bar is a top rater in Melbourne (scheduled 8:30pm).

2 Likes

About bloody time.

6 Likes

Yay! I have Kayo but prefer the 9 coverage, so I have to watch the Fox coverage if I want to see post match, review, etc. Now I can watch on 9. Still no pre-show though. Take what I can get.

1 Like

Looking forward to tonight’s game! Should be a cracker!

1 Like
3 Likes

The one time we get the postshow…

1 Like

The last five Saturday night matches of the season have been relinquished by Nine for 2020,” a Nine Network spokesman told AAP.

"This formed part of the negotiation of the revised 20 round season for this year only.

"Nine will continue to simulcast the last five Saturday night matches for the remaining years of the current deal in 2021 and 2022."

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/nine-lose-simulcast-nrl-game-sbw-return-173136013--spt.html?guccounter=1

6 Likes

Why ex-footballers are SUCH a lazy bunch!
Can’t even be bothered to get dressed properly for work!

7 Likes

Was it part of a bit?

No, it just seemed very random. They were doing a post game analysis and he all of a sudden just walks off like that.

It was unusually warm for early September in Sydney (at least until the cool change came through) last night, so perhaps Joey decided to dress for the occasion? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

let’s be real, Joey probably lost his pants. Also he would never do it if Erin was in the studio

3 Likes

Final Rounds and SOS promos

4 Likes

Every NRLW game in 2020 to be live on Nine

Amid a disrupted year, Nine has reaffirmed its commitment to women’s sport by broadcasting the entire 2020 NRLW competition starting on October 3.

For the first time since its inception, EVERY game in the NRLW Premiership will be broadcast LIVE on Nine nationally, in line with the NRL Finals, beginning Saturday, October 3, at 11.30am.

“Nine’s commitment to elite women’s sport has never been stronger,” said Brent Williams, Nine’s Director of Sport.

“The year started with Sofia Kenin’s win at the Australian Open, followed by a hugely successful Women’s T20 World Cup campaign, and now we have what is arguably the most exciting Suncorp Super Netball competition ever. Everyone at Wide World of Sports is thrilled with the announcement of the upcoming NRLW season and we look forward to delivering all the action across Nine’s platforms.”

It was also announced today that Telstra will be the official naming rights partner for the NRL and NRLW Premierships, aligning both competitions.

The expanded NRLW coverage is a credit to Ruan Sims and Allana Ferguson, both part of Nine’s rugby league commentary team and former members of the Australian national rugby league side, the Jillaroos, who have worked tirelessly to promote the women’s game.

“Our game has progressed at an incredible pace since the Jillaroos’ maiden World Cup victory in 2013,” Sims said.

“Female participation has enjoyed double-figure growth year-on-year, and the Telstra NRLW competition has arrived years ahead of schedule. It’s exciting to see the game move from strength to strength and watch young girls aspire to play like their idols.”

Ferguson was similarly confident in the NRLW’s bright future.

“These announcements are important to the women who have played and continue to play the game at all levels, to the fans in the stands, to the viewers in their homes and to the wider rugby league community,” she said.

“There are some world-class athletes in our game, and the speed, impact and action continues to improve every season. The world deserves to see these women playing great rugby league.”

4 Likes

Why has the NRL not expanded this comp yet? Sorry but a four team comp is the definition of hit and giggle

9 Likes

Expansion was on the cards this year but a pandemic got in the way. I agree, it feels like a token gesture though currently.

7 Likes

Or Relocate the Titans Partially to a True League Heartland like Ipswich:

2 Likes

Who needs a Second Brisbane Team with the Gold Coast Titans just down the Road, but the Gold Coast is a Graveyard Professional Sporting Clubs aside from Motor Racing, Their People are more into doing Leisure Activities like Golf, Running, Surfing & Tennis, Not to watch the Titans getting Thrashed day-in day-out, It’s been like that since the 1980’s.

2 Likes

Motor racing is probably 90% supported by tourism since races are generally only held once a year as an event.

Football teams don’t generate tourism like this since they are ongoing tournaments.

1 Like

They don’t have the money, they have cut about 25% of staff sadly.

1 Like