NRL on Nine

Nine is doing pre game for Warriors vs Eels (which is being played in Auckland) from the Sydney studio.

Which I pretty much expected, but they usually do pre game at the ground when played in Australia which looks SO much better.

Nine may as well just cheap out and take the Sky Sports NZ commentators and graphics just like Fox Sports do. Just seems strange Nine not sending a full production crew over to NZ presumably to save money but then still sending commentators over there and doing their own graphics.

2 Likes

Next week’s NRL finals fixture:
Friday: elimination final, Broncos v Titans (7.55pm)
Saturday: qualifying finals:
Raiders v Sharks (5.35pm)
Storm v Cowboys (7.55pm)
Sunday: elimination final: Panthers v Bulldogs (4.10pm)

would that mean no news into Sydney and Brisbane on the Saturday

Sydney and Brisbane will have Nine News at 4.30pm.

1 Like

As posted in the Nine program thread earlier this week

Unlike Ten, Nine isn’t a network which doesn’t air news bulletins at all in key markets due to sports coverage.

As others have mentioned, Nine News Sydney, Nine News Queensland and NBN News in Northern NSW/Gold Coast will air at 4.30pm next Saturday.

4 Likes

Even on GEM in AFL Markets.

Will the Storm game be on Nine or GEM? Sometimes finals are shown on the main channel.

9Gem, by the looks of the guide so far.

Nine News: First At Five is still in the schedule for the main channel for VIC, I’m guessing SA + WA too

New Melbourne schedule for Saturday 10 September

06.00pm News (listed for 90 minutes)
07.30 pm NRL - Storm v Cowboys

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s for the main channel?

If so, I’m sure that Storm fans in Melbourne without Foxtel will be glad to know that they’ll be able to see the match in HD!

Thanks Cynic!

Good to see Nine being logical with their HD strategy, makes this Storm fan relatively happy (more games on FTA next year though please!)

4 Likes

That’s what they did with the Four Nations a couple of years ago. (Other than the final)

Isn’t it the same reason why most broadcasters just take the host broadcaster’s feed? Same with the World Club Series from Sky UK

Just saw a promo tonight during an ad break for Footy Classified and the promo still said the match would be on 9Gem. So I don’t know who to believe.

As previously posted the 7.30pm Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys will be shown on the main channel in Melbourne. RBT has now been added in the 7.00pm timeslot.

The earlier 5pm 2nd Qualifying Final - Canberra Raiders v Cronulla Sharks will be shown on GEM.

Source: Channel 9

Edit: This schedule can also be seen at Nine.com.au Saturday's TV Guide - All TV Show times, All Channels - 9Entertainment

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see how it rates up against the AFL on 7 (Crows vs Kangaroos).

The AFL will win, but hopefully the NRL final on Nine will still be competitive in Melbourne.

NRL Finals in glorious standard definition in AFL states. Why can’t 9 flick a switch and simulcast 9Gem as 9HD when the NRL is on and revert to the main channel during non-NRL programming.

Only a few would care, as those in AFL states would prefer AFL over NRL.

2 Likes

And vice versa in NRL states

1 Like