NRL coverage

I interesting how how for some matches they have separate team for SEN 1170. I listen to the ABC because they tend to go to the grounds.

1 Like

So some SCA Triple M stations are taking NRL Nation this year??

1 Like

It looks like the case for Triple M stations in regional NSW, which will have the mix of NRL Nation and Triple M’s own coverage on each weekend during the 2021 season.

2 Likes

Shame Grants can’t say that. Looks like none of their stations are indeed taking NRL games this year.

1 Like

LiSTNR is replacing the Hit and MMM apps over the next 6 or so months

5 Likes

4RO used to have almost every NRL game, and now they none. It’s a strange decision.

2 Likes

Why are the triple m regionals taking nrl nation?

As I’ve said, it’s admirable that Grant wants to put more local content on air. But replacing actual live sports coverage with sports talk, especially local sport, in those timeslots is something that reeks of cheapness.

It was fine of a Saturday morning. Leave it there. Surely if SENs content was cheaper than 2GBs, I’d be taking it.

5 Likes

ABC News Radio in Victoria will again broadcast every Storm game during the 2021 NRL season.

1 Like

But isn’t Chris Warren doing a show on 1170 SEN as well?

SEN really have no control over their talent. I heard Jimmy Smith doing his regular Friday footy tips with John Laws on the Super Network today.

4 Likes

Big names join the Continuous Call Team

Rugby League greats Paul Gallen and Shane Flanagan will join The Continuous Call Team on News Talk 2GB and 4BC from March 13, bringing expert analysis and commentary to the 2021 season, it was announced today.

Entering its 35th year on air, the addition of NSW’s most-capped captain Gallen, and premiership-winning coach Flanagan, cements The Continuous Call Team’s reputation as the most experienced sporting line-up on radio.

Gallen will be joining the team fortnightly on Saturday afternoons as well as co-hosting 2GB’s Wide World of Sports each Tuesday night, while Flanagan will be part of the commentary team each Saturday night throughout the season.

They join weekend anchors Mark Levy and James Willis, with Darryl Brohman, Mark Riddell, David Morrow, Jamie Soward and Chris Warren making up the rest of the line-up.

Ray Hadley will also return to the commentary box during the 2021 State of Origin and NRL Finals series.

“The Continuous Call Team has, for decades, led the way in terms of rugby league analysis and weekend entertainment on the radio. The addition of Gal and Flanno to our established and much-loved team adds an exciting new layer to our NRL coverage,” said 2GB Content Manager, Luke Davis.

“We can’t wait to get cracking for another season of fun, frivolity and footy in this, our record 35th year covering the rugby league.”

The Continuous Call Team returns this Friday 12 March and airs Fridays 7pm-11pm, Saturdays 1pm-10pm and Sundays 1pm-7pm (all AEDT) on News Talk 2GB (Sydney), 4BC (Brisbane) and network stations.

1 Like

Pass.

1 Like

No “coach” like Matty Elliot this year. They always normally had an ex-coach on the team. I will miss Matthew this year.

I don’t think there is anyone with live calls in NRL in NZ since Radio Sport is no longer (on terrestrial radio that is).

1 Like

I did listen to 102.9’s Knights coverage, and I was quite impressed. Told you Jim Callinan would be a good get, and he proved it. I think you’ll have a convert.

Don’t know about 1233’s coverage, it was network covered, so I’m holding off commenting just yet.

3 Likes

Legend. Thanks mate. If only you saw me running around in the studio swearing. Had quite a few interesting issues with the panel and faders and had to quickly make adjustments to make sure it sounded as slick as I could!!

Jim was great and he will only get better. Cheers man!

2 Likes

Correct.

1 Like

So when the Warriors return home (expected in June this year) and are able to host matches at Mount Smart, which station is providing radio calls locally?

1 Like

They had the alternative call team but I think that may have only been on IHeartRadio.

1 Like