NRL coverage

Triple M Sydney has an audio issue with their NRL coverage that has been going for more than 10 minutes now, which sounds like a voice track running underneath (just sounds like two people talking at once continually). It’s unlistenable.

Interestingly this isn’t evident on Triple M Newcastle, which is also taking the NRL tonight.

Fix it up Triple M, not good enough really.

2 Likes

NRL Nation coverage for Magic Round
Thursday - Titans v Sharks
Friday - Tigers v Panthers
Saturday - Bulldogs v Knights
Sunday - Rabbitohs v Cowboys

Triple M coverage for Magic Round
Thursday - Titans v Sharks
Friday - Tigers v Panthers, Sea Eagles v Broncos (not broadcast on Triple M Sydney)
Saturday - Bulldogs v Knights (not broadcast on Triple M Brisbane)
Sunday - Rabbitohs v Cowboys

1 Like

From Radioinfo:

Crocmedia will expand their Holden State of Origin 2019 broadcast with the introduction of two new parochial calls, Blues Radio and Maroons Radio, tailored for New South Wales and Queensland markets respectively.

Blues Radio and Maroons Radio will broadcast into key metropolitan and regional hubs to ensure passionate fans have access to play-by-play commentary and matchday analysis from the 38th instalment of the Holden State of Origin Series.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/crocmedia-adds-blues-and-maroons

2 Likes

I can bet many Queenslanders will mute Ray Warren for the so called Maroons Radio!

2 Likes

What about the 4WK, 4GY and Radio97 QLD listeners who’ll be stuck tuned to Blues Radio…

2 Likes

Yes, WK and GY should be getting the Maroons call, I’d be surprised if Radio 97 actually HAS any listeners in QLD.

1 Like

They’re Queenslanders. Who cares? :joy:

Triple M coverage for Round 11
Thursday - Eels v Panthers
Friday - Sea Eagles v Titans
Saturday - Raiders v Cowboys (not broadcast on Triple M Brisbane), Warriors v Broncos (not broadcast on Triple M Sydney)
Sunday - Dragons v Sharks

NRL Nation coverage for Round 11
Thursday - Eels v Panthers
Friday - Sea Eagles v Titans
Saturday - Raiders v Cowboys
Sunday - Dragons v Sharks

2 Likes

Is that all produced in house or using Craig’s calls/crew for any?

Triple M does their own coverage

2 Likes

I believe that the Warriors-Broncos match will be heard in Sydney. The MMM site says that AFL will be on digital radio?

I heard a promo on Wednesday for the Swans game against Collingwood on 104.9, so I daresay that they will cross to that to right on full time of Warriors v Broncos, as that’s when the AFL is about to start.

But Sydney v Collingwood is on tonight (Friday) while Warriors v Broncos is on Saturday. Unless Triple M Sydney is broadcasting Gold Coast v Geelong as well? That game starts at 7.25pm after Warriors-Broncos clash.

Oh sorry, I should have said after Manly v Gold Coast.

The world cup of cricket will start soon, I wonder if the only way to listen to the nrl on the abc will be on analog and online. I suspect on dab it will be all cricket. In the old days they use to have abc extra for the ashes etc…

Given the timezone factor, there probably won’t be any overlaps (unless it’s an all day game).

The NRL night games will overlap with World Cup day games due to 9 hour time difference, 10.30am start for the cricket in UK equates to 7.30pm AEST. It will affect NRL coverage on both ABC and Macquarie Sports Radio.

The ABC could use the Kids channel as overflow. It was the Extra channel before they allocated it to kids.

They won’t bother - the tendency is to guide people towards overflow streams on the ABC Listen app / ABC Radio website now

4 Likes

Triple M coverage for Round 12 (no match broadcast on Saturday)
Thursday - Panthers v Sea Eagles
Friday - Eels v Rabbitohs
Sunday - Titans v Cowboys

NRL Nation coverage for Round 12
Thursday - Panthers v Sea Eagles
Sunday - Titans v Cowboys

2 Likes