Nova Network

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/ben-liam-leave-triple-j-nova-919-sally-erica-step

Good to see a station shifting younger for a change. Hopefully the music will reflect too.

3 Likes

Speaking of Nova 919, looks like they’ve quietly canned the extra hour of Kate, Tim & Marty highlights. Jamie Row’s afternoon shift is now listed as 1-4pm

2 Likes

Is Jamie Row’s shift networked?

1 Like

Not networked - it was originally presented from Sydney, not sure if that’s still the case

2 Likes

The ABC has confirmed ‘Ben and Liam’ will be replaced by Triple J’s weekend afternoon hosts Sally Coleman and Erica Mallett in 2020.

1 Like

From Radioinfo:

NOVA Entertainment will seek to reinforce Nova 96.9’s position as the leading music network and showcase the station’s high performing on-air line up in Sydney, with a multi-platform marketing campaign launching from Sunday 27 October.

Read more here.

1 Like

It’s a great promotion.

Finally Matt, Sarah and Tom are in the advertising.

I think it’s time for a name change. The show hasn’t been “Fitzy and Wippa” for years.

2 Likes

For the first time, the Fitzy & Wippa creative will feature the broader on-air team, Matt De Groot (News Journalist), Sarah McGilvray and Executive Producer Tom Ivey , to visually represent the team you hear when tuning into the show.

But are they on the same money as two named team members?

2 Likes

Is Deano? Although isn’t on imaging? I wonder if Byron is on Fox now he is part of the core team?

4 Likes

Really wish they’d dump the ‘awkward endorsements from a seemingly random selection of celebrities’ motif

2 Likes

The nova96.9 sign has been removed from their Pyrmont studios as you drive over the Anzac Bridge.

Will it be changed to feature Smooth?

3 Likes

After nearly a year on air, Matt, Sarah and Matty J finally have a podcast.

4 Likes

The only ones I consider random are The Black Eyed Peas in that commercial. It’s a shame the promotions have moved to including mouldy oldies. The rest are relevant.

3 Likes

BEP may have been included to have a dig at SCA’s RnB Fridays line up.

2 Likes

Big week for Nova’s Red Room for Australian Music Week.
The schedule is:
Illy – Thursday 21 November – The Lair @ The Metro.
Guy Sebastian – Saturday 23 November @ The Factory Theatre.
PNAU – Monday 25 November @ The Factory Theatre
Dean Lewis & Birds of Tokyo – Tuesday 26 November @ The Factory Theatre
Tones and I – Friday 29 November – The Lair @ The Metro

2 Likes

Paul is now PD and marketing head. Imagine how much better radio would be if people devoted themselves to dedicated roles instead of spreading themselves more thinly every year.

3 Likes

Just happened to discover on Smallzys Surgery that they are now doing a “Top 9 at 9” …

Is this new? Very 90s idea if so. I thought stations had mostly moved away from nightly countdowns in the last few years.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they’ve been doing that for many years, if not, since the beginning of his show.

7 Likes

Yeah many many years

3 Likes

It’s a staple of Smallzy’s show.

3 Likes