Nova Network

@Richo is spot on here - all five stations sharing logs from ~12am local. Brisbane and Perth generally run their own logs, so must be running a skeleton crew for Good Friday

If you have access to Lava (free to join), the first 12 hours of today:
Nova 100
Nova 96.9
Nova 106.9
Nova 919
Nova 937

It is no effort for the MD to schedule a couple more days of logs, they would normally, simply queue the work in advance and add to the log a bit each day in the previous weeks.

I’ve been listening to nova all week and it’s been pretty great listening. Pretty sure I heard ‘greatest hits’ earlier in the week on Nova 100…

No mention of Greatest Hits today either on Nova 96.9, they are now using non stop hits.

More current hits per hour, and less of what they use to call Greatest Hits. However still the same Greatest Hits that they were flogging to death.

What surprises me is Paul Jackson said in a interview to Radio Today that Survey 1 was just one of those crazy books, and he was completely confident in the Greatest Hits Strategy. Looks like that has all changed now.
Maybe he has been reading our comments on Mediaspy!!!

3 Likes

Maybe their own research has also shown they were on the wrong track.

Were Bris, Adl and Per on the Greatest Hits path? If not, perhaps it’s just an Easter thing where they go to Non Stop Hits to satisfy the complete network?

Greatest Hits was across all Nova stations up until last Sunday at least.

1 Like

Yep. I had a listen to Nova96.9 again today. Regardless of them networking across the country, I too am confident in saying that Greatest Hits is dead. Non-stop Nova is in. And I like the sound of it.

In this age of “everything old is new again”, with so many stations broadening their playlist, it makes sense to no longer highlight the fact they’re playing a throwback/old school hit… just play it and move on. It is the norm.

It is good to finally hear a proper CHR station coming through again. No more Hot AC from Nova at least. Be edgy once again!

As for the networking Australia-wide, maybe this is a sign of things to come? Maybe to offset the fact they’ve had to re-employ local weekday jocks again in Sydney and Melbourne.

Or maybe to fix the fall in ratings?

I agree it is very good to see the end of the Greatest Hits on Nova, however their current positioner “Non Stop Hits” was also used during the Greatest Hits. I wonder if this is a temporary Tagline or if it will continue post 29th April.

In relation to networking across Australia, Brisbane and Perth are on their own music logs. Sydney, Melbourne, and Adelaide are running from the same log as per normal. Will this change as of the 29th April I doubt it.

Nova 96.9 does not sound edgy at all. KIIS 106.5 and 2Day Fm play Edgier songs then Nova. The Greatest Hits they still play are very safe and have been flogged to death.

Funny how the station that originally shook up the airwaves in Sydney has become the least Edgiest of the three Hit music stations.

2 Likes

Totally agree. Not to mention The Edge which is edgier, by far, and has been taking Nova’s listeners away.

2 Likes

I mean, I’m yet to hear Old town Road or anything Billie Eilish on 2DAY or KIIS. Or any of Post Malone’s recent singles… or 7 Rings…

Don’t know how you classify ‘edgy’ but Nova’s the only station I’ve heard playing 7 of the current top 17 songs so…

1 Like

You are correct on the above songs being only played on Nova 96.9. 7 Rings however never made it onto their playlist except in Countdowns such as 9 at 9, and iTunes top 40.
Same as exit sign by Hill Top Hoods, and 11 minutes by Halsey / Youngblood. These should be added to the playlist too.

It’s Nova 96.9’s Greatest Hits that are nowhere as Edgy as 2Day Fm or KIIS, and with this being the major focus of the station up to now made me change stations.

Nova 106.9 does it perfectly all round, edgy new songs and throwbacks.

BTW in relation to the positioning statement, Nova 96.9 is still running Non stop Hits. Nova 106.9 is not running any positioner at present. Could this mean come 29th April new positioning statement across the whole network???

2 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree.

2 Likes

969 still calling it “Greatest Hits Workday”.

I heard that too, they were also teasing us with songs that don’t normally play in the promo for it too.

:weary: That’s too bad.

Was hoping Non-stop Nova was their new brand. Greatest Hits makes them sound like a junior 2WS.

2 Likes

“Greatest Hits Workday” sweepers are back too.

Yes the Greatest Shit Workday is back, and they are repeating their Greatest Hits incently.
Gold Digger and Use Somebody repeated again in under 24 hours. These songs are old and should not be on high rotation!! Just changed the channel when Shaggy it wasn’t me got played again.
Serous Nova 96.9 what are you doing!!!

2 Likes

The Most Played songs ( in the top 20) are mostly new or current hits. Then the next Most Played tracks are mostly old tracks.

Not enough new tracks and many of the current hits should no longer be on high rotation. This playlist really is shit now.

1 Ava Max-Sweet but Psycho
2 Jonas Brothers-Sucker
3 Ava Max-So Am I
4 Dominic Fike-3 Nights
5 KIAN-Waiting
6 Imagine Dragons-Bad Liar
7 Khalid-Talk
8 Halsey-Without Me
9 Birds of Tokyo-Good Lord
10 George Ezra-Hold My Girl
11 Lewis Capaldi-Someone You Loved
12 Mabel-Don’t Call Me Up