Nova Network

Summer Breakfast with Greg Burns resumed today for two weeks. So we can only assume Fitzy & Wippa and Chrissie, Sam & Browny are back Jan 15.

2 Likes

I think Nova 100 Breakfast is back Jan 22 along with KTM.

Fitzy and Wippa remain Fitzy and Wippa.

Fitzy and Wippa are also back on 22 January 2018 according to their Instagram.

Originally announced as only airing for the first two weeks of the year, Summer Breakfast with Greg Burns is airing this week after all.

Isn’t this week, the second week he’s been on? I’m pretty sure they had somebody else at Breakfast in the Christmas week and New Year’s week because they were talking about what they did on their holidays.

Greg Burns was on from the Jan 2 according to the original realise. Things might have changed though.

Edit: my mistake. Just checked it was announced as the first 3 weeks in January.

To be honest, I haven’t been paying such close attention because he’s been starting the shift at 7am and they’ve just been playing music without chat, between 6am and 7am.

Also, the repetitive nature of the playlist on Nova is starting to do my head in, so I’ve been listening to my own music lately.

There’s only so many times you can hear the same songs before you want start chucking stuff at the radio. At the moment I now absolutely HATE with a vengeance:
Good Old Days - Macklemore Feat. Kesha
Perfect - Ed Sheeren
Havana - Camila Cabano
Glorious - Macklemore Feat. Skylar Grey
Meant to Be - Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line
What About Us - Pink

You can’t keep banging these out every two hours for six months without causing mental trauma to your listeners. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

2Day FM have heavily expanded their playlist, go give them a try. :wink:

2 Likes

I have been in the afternoons. Quite a good alternative actually.

2 Likes

Interesting listen.

1 Like

Dean Buchanan is a game changer. As Head of Programming at DMG, he launched the Nova Network in 2000. Nova went to #1 in Melbourne in it’s first survey, and within two years dominated the 18-39 landscape in all metro markets. Dean hired on-air talent like Merrick and Rosso, Hughsey and Kate, Fitzy and Wippa and Tim Blackwell, many of whom are still at the station today.

2 Likes

Sorry, why do you keep posting then deleting things then reposting?

1 Like

The Nova promo has been updated with Sam Smith and Shawn Mendes.

3 Likes

Updated yet still feels old and lame. And so far from the vibe I get when I listen to the actual station.

I am loving the comments on the mumbrella story about Nova. The one about the meaning of “nova” is a classic.

5 Likes

NOVA 106.9 ANNOUNCED AS THE OFFICIAL FM RADIO BROADCASTER OF THE GOLD COAST 2018 COMMONWEALTH GAMES

Brisbane’s number one rating radio station, Nova 106.9, announced a partnership with the Seven Network today, making the station the ‘Official Brisbane FM Commercial Radio Broadcaster of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games’.

This unique radio sub-licence means that Nova 106.9 will be only FM radio station that can broadcast any of the 2018 Commonwealth Games content locally.

In addition to the rights to broadcast the audio and commentary from Seven’s broadcast of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Nova 106.9’s Breakfast Show Ash, Kip & Luttsy with Susie O’Neill will broadcast live from the Commonwealth Games every weekday morning during the Games.

It will be a particularly special time for Susie O’Neill, who holds the record for the most Commonwealth Games gold medals, by any Australian in any sport. She is also the most decorated Commonwealth Games swimmer with 15 medals (10 gold and five silver).

The opening day of the Games, Wednesday 4 April, will also see Nova’s morning show with Greg Burns, and the afternoon show with Katie Mattin, broadcast live from the Gold Coast. Nova 106.9 will be live from the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games for 10 hours from 6am until 4pm.

Jay Walkerden, Nova’s General Manager said, “We are delighted to be partnering with the Seven Network to bring the passion and joy of one of the greatest sporting events on the planet to our listeners.

"Particularly for those who weren’t lucky enough to secure tickets, our team are looking forward to sharing the excitement of the Games on air.

“It’s also a win for local businesses who want to capitalise on the biggest show in town and get their message aligned on the Nova airwaves.”

Kurt Burnette, Seven West Media Chief Revenue Officer and Director of Commonwealth Games said, “The Gold Coast Commonwealth Games are set to become a wonderful experience for every Australian, no matter where, when or how they access the event.

In announcing this strategic partnership with Nova Brisbane we are guaranteeing even more access for our audience, meaning that no one will ever miss a moment of competition.”

3 Likes

“Nova: sounds identical” is my favourite

3 Likes

Hilarious, a Brisbane station has radio rights.

Wondering if, " ‘Official Brisbane FM Commercial Radio Broadcaster" means they leave the door open for a Gold Coast licence to be the Official Gold Coast radio broadcaster?

I think both would not bother unless it was a giveaway price, there’s plenty of local things that can be done outside the official coverage itself.

Remember that the majority of residents (the core audience) of Gold Coast media outlets don’t care about the Games, they find it a costly hinderance to their daily life, so interest is not of a ‘hot anticipation’.

4 Likes
1 Like