Nova Network

Thanks for posting the numbers, I hadn’t seen those before,

I think they illustrate what I was trying to articulate; the total size of the audience in the two older segments is bigger than the two younger ones.
So even if you can just compete rather then dominate in the older space, you still have more listeners than chasing younger, where you would have to dominate that audience to get the same number of ears.
Sadly that just ends up in a bunch of safe radio all competing for the same audience

3 Likes

@TV-Expert could you post the KIIS figures as a comparison as they are Nova’s closest competitor?

1 Like

Sure. :slight_smile:

KIIS Sydney

10-17s: 8,000
18-24s: 8,000
25-39s: 22,000
40-54s: 14,000

KIIS Melbourne

10-17s: 6,000
18-24s: 5,000
25-39s: 13,000
40-54s: 5,000

4 Likes

Thank you, basically KIIS 1065 has almost double the listeners of Nova in ithe 18-39 demographics.
I would still skew slightly younger and go 18-39 which was the original target market.

2 Likes

Kate Ritchie was back today with Fitzy and Wippa.

3 Likes

Karl Stefanovic is a painful replacement for Joel Creasey while he’s away at Eurovision.

3 Likes

Shh!! That’s his understudy lol

2 Likes

He should have studied better. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Joel has done well here - you never want your replacement to be better than you.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Joel Creasy is a painful replacement for Sam Pang at Eurovision

4 Likes

This morning Ben, Liam and Belle broadcast on the median strip of Springvale Junction (intersection of Princes Highway, Springvale Road and Police Road) in Melbourne’s southeast … and stripped down.

UPDATE

3 Likes

Why?

2 Likes

probably another desperate grab for ratings… these stunts are silly

6 Likes

Well this fits in well with their older playlist & Chrissie Swan show.

… Or not …

2 Likes

On Monday night during Smallzy’s Surgery I heard the brand new song by Becky Hill titled “Side Effects” at about 7:20pm.

Nice to see it was fast-tracked to Australian radio just three days after it was released (12/5).

This is the type of music that should be fast-tracked instead of delayed by three-four months.

EDIT: Heard it again at 8:20pm Wednesday night.

4 Likes

I heard it played on Capital Dance UK around 6pm AEST, must be a big release.

2 Likes

I’m finding myself listening to Capital FM more and more lately.

5 Likes

When I don’t have streaming it is KIIS, and on the Apple Car play I flick between BBC Sounds for R1, and Global Player for Capital Dance. I avoid Nova wherever possible.

4 Likes

Yeah I stream Capital on Global Player in the car. Don’t mind listening to Roman Kemp’s breakfast show on the drive home from work.

3 Likes