Nova Network

Does Ricki-Lee leave the Nova drive show early on Mondays, as Australian Idol results show starts filming at 5.30pm Sydney time? And does she host from Nova studios or Sydney Coliseum where Idol is filmed?

1 Like

She’s not on Monday’s at all.

1 Like

It looks like she will only return on Mondays when Australian Idol finishes.

1 Like

She has been calling in while she’s getting ready at the studio. Surprised they didn’t do some pre-recorded segments to slot in on a Monday. They have done that in the past.

But then again, they have been taking the piss out of other Drive shows which are completely pre-recorded like Carrie and Tommy, so that might be a bit hypocritical.

2 Likes

Is Carrie & Tommy still pre-recorded even though Carrie no longer has The Project commitments?

And who else pre-records? I’d assume Will & Woody do the same as RTJ (i.e. they’re live into the eastern states and on delay/playback for the southern & western states).

That’d be funny radio for RTJ listeners on Nova93.7 who’d want to call in to agree how silly it is that some drive shows are not live.

3 Likes

Will and Woody is live to Melbourne and Sydney, plus Brisbane outside of DST. Previously they recorded a separate intro for Brisbane and ran the show on 10-15 minutes delay to allow Brisbane to insert its own music, along with some breaks from the previous day’s show for timing/continuity - I believe this won’t be the case this year.

Adelaide takes the show on a 30 minute delay, again edited locally for music/timing, as well as editing a version for regional markets (which take the show 5-7pm, one hour behind live). Perth only takes an hour of the show, again edited locally.

With ARN rolling out Zetta I suspect this will change, either later this year or for 2024. From memory, Sydney is meant to come across from NexGen in April.

Hit stations - along with the few non-SCA affiliates (Move FM Lithgow, Coast/Mixx/TRFM in Vic) - take Carrie and Tommy ‘as is’, with pulses in place to fire off local ads. Triple M does the same for the various Rush Hour shows (plus the footy etc.) although I’m not sure whether this is the case for Perth taking Melbourne’s Rush Hour in the 6-7pm slot locally.

1 Like

Yes. Tim Blackwell talked about calling Carrie for clarification about something last week and joked she would already be home now anyway. They are actually friends and Carrie went to Tim’s wedding.

3 Likes

The Maddy Rowe Aus Music Show begins on Sunday 19 March from 6pm.

Read more at: Nova launches a new Aus Music Show - RadioInfo Australia © RadioInfo Australia

5 Likes

For ONCE a music show WITHOUT Smallzy. Good move Nova.

… Smallzy is brilliant & very good at his job. But he’s hosting too much across the station. It’s great they’re giving someone else a chance …

Here’s hoping their playlist will be very similar to what Nova96.9 used to (and should) sound like.

8 Likes

They finally acknowledged Sarah’s departure in the first hour of the show on Monday. Better late than never but still really terrible that it was done this way.

5 Likes

… First hour of the show before Kate Ritchie joined the show? …

3 Likes

Exactly.

They said after Friday’s announcement they wanted to acknowledge Sarah’s work on the show for the past 10 years.

4 Likes

Been listening to RL, Tim and Joel the last few weeks.

My god is it self-indulgent. There’s extremely limited content, half the show is Tim playing bits of songs he likes and having a go at Joel, he thinks he’s hilarious but it’s so tedious. Then on Fridays, they waste 30 minutes playing bits of dance music and screaming and singing over it. Having two weaker co-hosts doesn’t help and he clearly needs a strong EP to get him back into line, because it’s really not good radio and he should know better.

7 Likes

Totally agree, I have not listened to the show since Marty left. He was the real star of the show, and was actually funny.

4 Likes

They had to. After all the negative comments on their socials they had to go into serious damage control or risk a listener exodus.
The whole thing was handled extremely poorly and still could hurt them in upcoming surveys.

4 Likes

Not sure whether Fitzy and Wippa will get a boost from having someone new or whether what has happened behind the scenes will make things awkward. There have already been some sarcastic comments and awkward moments.

2 Likes

I have not been listening, I have gone to the darkside, KIIS and KJO

3 Likes

Looks like it has hurt the friendship, from Sarah’s Instagram. She only liked the comment “then why didn’t you fight for her?”

3 Likes

I know this is an unfortunate situation for Sarah and everyone involved, but when the opportunity arises to have a well known figure and experienced broadcaster in Kate Ritchie join your program, how can you say no? Sarah is just collateral damage, sadly.

3 Likes

You keep talking up Kate but she still lacks confidence on air and constantly relies on others to help her out. She even blatantly tells her new co-hosts that she needs their help trying to get her point across.

It’s no secret that neither of them wanted Kate to replace Sarah. Fitzy and Wippa might have tried to fight for Sarah but eventually they would have realised that they were contractually obliged to be on Breakfast with or without Sarah. If they tried to walk out then they would have breached their contract.

Kate might have wanted to make the move to Breakfast but I can only imagine that it would have to feel awkward knowing that Fitzy and Wippa didn’t want her.

6 Likes