Nova Network

Sponsors and first week guests for The Chrissie Swan Show were revealed today.

2 Likes

Priceline v Chemist Warehouse for the 3pm hour then.

2 Likes

How is it chemist warehouse v Priceline? I feel like I’ve missed something. :confused:

1 Like

Chemist Warehouse sponsor The Pick-up on KIIS.

2 Likes

It looks like this page has made a reappearance on the Nova100 homepage. I wonder why?

Chrissie, Sam & Browny - NovaFM

Maybe they’re rebranding it for Chrissie’s new show?

2 Likes

Ohhh thank you.

1 Like

Chrissie is sounding great.

1 Like

What is the content? Is it very “mum radio”?

1 Like

Very Mum radio, lots of short sharp segments. Easy to listen to.

2 Likes

Sounded very different to brekki Chrissie. To be expected I guess.

2 Likes

I’m really loving Ricki Lee on KTJ lately
even on the socials. Like I do respect Kate. But she doesn’t have the same gel with the boys before she stepped aside

5 Likes

Yeah and she actually seems to enjoy being there

3 Likes

Such a shame that we have 2SM Sydney & Nova96.9 Sydney both choosing to network weekday shifts from other markets.

How the heck do we not have any local talent to choose from?

Fair enough at 2SM with Bill… but what is Nova’s excuse?

(FYI I am referring to 2HD’s Richard King and Nova100’s Mel Tracina)

1 Like

Three weeks after i was bagging them for not playing “10:35” by Tiesto & Tate McRae and I finally heard it on Nova this afternoon. Still haven’t heard “Calm Down” by Rema with Selena Gomez which is number 6 in the UK and 19 in Australia last week.

2 Likes

They now have included in the latest Nova Rated weekly survey so they are considering adding ut to the regular playlist if they haven’t added it already.

They also added Say Nothing by Flume ft. May-a to the Nova Rated weekly survey.

Also added to the Nova Rated weekly survey.

2 Likes

Some songs to watch out for in the coming weeks:

“Weekends” by Freya Ridings - it’s her first new song in three years.
“Red Flags” by Mimi Webb - apparently Sony Music Australia are promoting the song this week via their socials.

Both songs are proving popular in the UK (where both artists are from).

1 Like

This song has been on BBC R1 / Capital fm playlist for quite some time now.
How far behind is Australia Radio!???

A good music director should not only be monitoring their local competition but also should be listening to what is hot internationally and adding music that they feel would appeal to their audience., even before the record companies starts pushing it hard. That is what I would br doing if I was head of music for the Nova / KIIS networks,

If the above could be done. programmers would not be so reliant on Throwbacks as fillers of their playlist. When they do play the odd throwback here and there it is a wow song, “I have not heard song for a while” “ that song was really good”
Instead of if “It wasn’t me , by Shaggy for the thousand time this week”

Music wise based on the charts and what is played on CHR radio I think our tastes have more in common with the UK the the US.
Now.

4 Likes

Record companies hate it when you push music outside of their schedules (it’s their music after all). If they’re not ready for you to push a certain song yet, don’t do it.

1 Like

Whats the new weekday schedule on NOVA?

1 Like

When I’m in the car and I hear those worn out throwbacks, I immediately change stations. I don’t know anyone who wants to hear those songs again and again, every week.

3 Likes