Nova Network

Ava Max has historically done well on the Australian music charts, with each of the five songs that have charted here, peaking at no lower than 31 (peak for Kings & Queens). Her debut album “Heaven and Hell” peaked at number seven on the albums chart.

However, not one single song from her upcoming second album “Diamonds & Dancefloors” has yet charted here.

Yet despite all that, she’s not yet toured Australia but I think she will this year.

1 Like

It wasn’t me, Shaggy?
The most played ever, and annoying song on Nova. Instant channel changer.

3 Likes

I’d say that’s one of them, lol. I used to love that song as a kid (but without fully understanding the lyrics I must admit, lol) but not these days.

Also, as much as I loved the original “Blue (Da Ba Dee)” by Eiffel 65, I just cannot stand the 2022 remix by David Guetta and Bebe Rexha, which went viral in the second half of last year and doesn’t look like dropping out of the top 50 anytime soon.

4 Likes

That song has been around for a long time as I was hearing it on Nova at work back in July last year (on someone else’s radio)before I left last August, I remember the original well too from first hearing it on Ugly Phil’s Hot 30 programme in late 1999

3 Likes
1 Like

Kyle’s cousin. Also worked at ARN Brisbane prior to that.

4 Likes
1 Like

Interesting that they’re playing on the fact they’re not from Melbourne.

I wonder how this strategy would go if 2DayFM did the same thing?

2 Likes

They need more local guests/personalities popping into the show. Hopefully with Christmas and NYs now over we see a few more celebrities or personalities come into the station. So far, they have been heavily reliant on the public calling in.

1 Like

The difference is that Ben & Liam have moved to Melbourne now. It’s a common strategy for regional stations with new teams as it creates tue opportunity for listeners to get involved following and participating in their journey of getting to know the local scene. It also creates lots of opportunity for OBs. Gold took a similar strategy with Christian O’Connell.

2 Likes

Only a matter of time until the token ex-AFL player pops up for a weekly segment.

I think that’s been a FM tradition for years on Melbourne radio.

4 Likes

It’s also much better than pretending you know the market like a local and being caught out.

On that note, have caught new 3MMM promos for 2023 highlighting local drive - something along the lines of ‘at least they can pronounce the suburb you live in’.

4 Likes

Probably promoting the state-based Rush Hour.

A shame Triple M Perth (who also take that show) can’t use the same promo over there.

2 Likes

I believe they covered the potato cake vs fritter thing this week too. :joy:

3 Likes

Potato scallop in Queensland

3 Likes

OMG not another thread.

2 Likes

I wish Nova would use more of this shade of red. A lot more modern & fresh.

4 Likes

Unsure if its been mentioned, but The Early Show with Harry and Ruby has started this week in Perth.

Harry hosted Nathan, Nat & Shaun Reheated last year at the 5am hour, but this is the first time I’ve heard Ruby on air

1 Like

Nova 100 began broadcasting from their new* studios in South Melbourne on Monday.

New to Nova, previously the Triple M studios.

7 Likes

When did MMM leave?

1 Like