Nova Network

Kate, Tim and Joel. This a classy photo.

3 Likes

Did they do three individual photoshoots and photoshop them together?

2 Likes

Would be good if they were looking like they knew each other.

2 Likes

Since Joel joined it’s peak narcissism.

3 Likes

You never miss an opportunity to take a pot shot at Joel. :rofl:

Not just him though. Tim is awful without Marty bringing him back to earth. And Kate is Kate.

3 Likes

Still banging that same old drum. The show verged on bullying, way too often with Marty there. It has a better dynamic now.

Anyway, it was Marty who abandoned them for bigger bucks at Triple M. It’s worked out well for Kate, Tim and Joel. Not so much for Marty.

1 Like

Says the broken record. I believe he left due to being bored with the format, it had been 10 years, people are entitled to move on, and people are entitled to express opinions divergent to your own. If you don’t like mine, feel free to ignore.

4 Likes

Would anyone agree that Nova96.9’s current upbeat summer playlist is probably the most palatable it has been in a very long time.

I would keep this variety of upbeat/dance music 24/7.

A great point of difference, and at the complete other end of the spectrum to the daggy dated 2Day, but without the dreary songs that KIIS1065 sometimes plays.

It’s definitely Feel Good Hit Music.

5 Likes

That part of it has been refreshingly good.

The part that still sucks is putting old hits on the most played playlist which drives you crazy. Notably, they put " Supalonely" by Benee back on high rotation and I’ve heard it about six times this week. :scream: Another one that drives me nuts is “Turn Me On” by Kevin Lyttle. There are quite a few others by the usual suspects which are a terrible counterbalance on Nova to these new hits.

There should be a rule that old tracks do not get played more than once a week.

3 Likes

That’s my jab tho

1 Like

You do like a good jab. :hocho:

2 Likes

0rqwpy

1 Like

Is that what you look like? So sorry. :laughing:

1 Like

I haven’t listened to Nova in months, prefer KIIS or 2Day FM, better playlists IMO.

However, the Nova Noughties, Throwbacks and 90s DAB+ stations are a good listen at work.

1 Like

I have mostly been listening to The Edge and KIIS. But I flick to Nova and stay there if they are playing something good.

I like the throwbacks that KIIS play because they have some tracks that I haven’t heard in a long time but they are guilty of often repeating them too (although not as much Nova). But I really still hate their American accented voice overs. They seriously do not make sense when they talking about Sydney or even use Aussie slang which sounds really jarring.

I like The Edge because they play so much more new music and I especially like the dance music, world music and some hip hop stuff. They also play a lot more Australian artists during the day which is great. Not a fan of the heavy rap and heavy hip hop stuff they play though, so that has me switching. I do like how they play some recent throwbacks by artists like Khalid, who is a very underrated artist on KIIS and Nova.

2 Likes

Yes the Edge is good, especially on Friday and Saturday nights with the mix-up shows.

They, along with R&B Fridays, are the only station playing the new Silk Sonic tracks, which is what Nova would have played in the 2000s, before it went safe.

4 Likes

I agree with that although I don’t like Silk Sonic so they make me switch. They sound too retro and more like something Triple J would play

1 Like

I agree - KIIS 100% wins with old school/throwback selection.

But Nova96.9 wins for dance variety - with dance hits from 5yrs ago that are really good to hear again.

3 Likes

I’ve been covering Edge brekkie the last few weeks, glad you’re liking the playlist atm :wink: You’ll notice with The Edge that we don’t play tracks that are more than 6 years old; which makes way for playing new music not heard on other stations, and allowing room for those recent throwbacks like Khalid’s early songs. I agree, very underrated artist!

8 Likes