Nova Network

I agree with that too, however the two adds in a row was not profitable.
I do remember they did also play the odd Throwbavk when they started too they played in between days by the Cure.

Nova Sydney became very mainstream to compete with 2day Fm who got to number 1 because of Kyle and Jacki O.

This I most definitely agree with.They need a wider playlist.

Shifts

• Fitzy & Wippa are fine at Breakfast 6am to 9am
  • as are Kate Tim & Marty at Drive 4pm to 6pm although they could be extended to a 3pm start.
  • Don’t really care for Greg Burns so he could go. Jason Smith was good.
  • Throwbacks should be restricted to 9am-12 noon. Don’t keep repating the same throwbacks.
  • Smallzy 's Surgery is great as it is with more younger skewing music.
  • Play more Australian music after 10pm.

Breakfast & Drive

• Breakfast and Drive should have more fresh hits and not music that has been often repeated for the past three months.
  • There should also be more info about new releases and what artists are doing at Breakfast and Drive.
  • No more than one throwback at Breakfast and Drive as a promo for the Throwback show.

News

• Have more informative news bulletins. Don’t limit stories to one sentence and only four news items in the bulletin.
  • Keep entertainment stories out of news bulletins. Run separate Entertainment news segments elsewhere in programs.

Agree with all of the above points.
At the moment Nova is classifying a Throwback as anything older then 1 year old, and this is really starting to really scrap the bottom of the barrel. I do not have a problem with a song up to three years old being played outside of throwback times. They do this on Nova 106.9 even on weekends.

There is some really good music being played on Triple J at present that could fit quite nicely into the Nova playlist such as Savage by Paces, and as a bonus would go towards their Australian music content.

So Luke ‘Manchild’ James posted a photo on Insta of his baby son wearing a Fitzy and Wippas smallest fan outfit today

1 Like

Greg Burns this morning suggesting the Melbourne listener who wins the $1k might head to the Dandenong’s with it this weekend. Seriously, if you’re going to network him in, at least don’t make him try and associate with another city so poorly.

5 Likes

Radio Today reports that Simon Baggs has departed the Nova Network. He’d been hosting late nights on the station since the start of 2017, and was previously the anchor of Matt & Meshel at KIIS 101.1 Melbourne.

That was a short stint - prior to joining Nova he had been travelling around the world.

Nova 100’s Tim Verrall is leaving his EP gig for the Chrissie, Sam and Browny breakfast show.

Doesn’t seem to like being stuck to a job it seems.

Liza Altarejos will step up and into the EP role for Melbourne’s #1 FM breakfast show, Chrissie, Sam & Browny.

Chrissie, Sam and Browny will host their breakfast show at lower level of Melbourne Town Hall next Wednesday morning (March 29) for the Melbourne International Comedy Festival. I notice they have been giving free tickets during this week.

1 Like

Simon Baggs is still on air. He’s on in Sydney this morning.

Kate, Tim and Marty doing the show from a train, The Ghan, from Adelaide to Darwin. Monday week.

2 Likes

Kate, Tim and Marty make me laugh. They have such a good rapport with each other. I look forward to hearing them on The Ghan.

“Kate, Tim and Marty Broadcasting Across Australia”. Literally.

3 Likes

Local drive show or music announcer shift would be better. So much irrelevant twaddle/ generic.

Not better for ratings. Kate, Tim and Marty are number one in the slot whereas the music/announcer slots are not.

KTM is a best show on radio, no stupid stunts or ‘hilarious’ stories pulled from their lives.

3 Likes

It’s just a shame Territory people will miss out on the special broadcast onboard the Ghan unless they listen to the show online. Hope the trip gets promoted by the NT News.

Do Nova sydnicate their shows (I think Fitzy and Wippa’s Highlights show is)? Surely they’d be an appetite for KTM in Tasmania and the NT (and Canberra).

Nova don’t syndicate KTM. Only highlights versions of F&W and some of the Brisbane shows.

As far as I’m aware the FM stations in NT and Northern Tas take Hamish and Andy.

good chance with H&A wrapping up. Wonder if Nova will try?