Nova Network

I caught the tail end of a conversation with Steve Austin (612 ABC) this morning… he was reading out an email from a listener who advised that he was in a Brisbane cafe that was streaming Capital FM.

Steve then said ‘Well that’s who Nova are trying to emulate’.

Seemed a strange talking point ~ I wish I’d heard the whole thing.

3 Likes

NOVA 106.9 INVITES BRISBANE TO MEET THE MARSHALLS

Nova 106.9 launched a new show this Sunday 5 March unlike anything else on air.

“Meet the Marshalls” will broadcast on Nova Brisbane every Sunday, live, from 7am - 9am, and features NRL great Benji Marshall and his accomplished broadcaster, and self-confessed oversharing wife, Zoe.

“Meet the Marshalls” is described as a voyeuristic look at an unconventional marriage, and will reveal more about the glamourous couple than has ever been heard before.

Married for four years, Zoe and Benji have just moved to Brisbane for Benji’s contract with the Broncos.

The pair have stressed this isn’t a sports show but rather a candid glimpse into their marriage and lives.

And with the pair having not established the boundaries of what they will and won’t say on air, “Meet the Marshalls” promises listeners real, raw, funny and possibly awkward radio.

“They say opposites attract which is perfectly true for Benj and I; as he is fiercely private and I’m an open book,” Zoe said.

“I know Benj is going to say repeatedly on Sunday “that’s a no-go zone for me”, but I have always been a ‘do things in the moment and figure it as you go’ kind of girl, but we always have fun and I know Benj always has my back.”

Jay Walkerden, Nova 106.9 General Manager and Program Director said, “it’s a bold move for these pair to go in to the studio and invite listeners into their lives every Sunday.

“Everyone at Nova is excited to Meet the Marshalls, because we know we are going to discover that there is much more to Beni than brilliant football, and Zoe is someone listeners are going to love because she is funny and fearless.”

Meet the Marshalls kicks off this Sunday 5th March at 7am - 9am.

1 Like

I was wondering why Fitzy and Wippa had been interviewing him so often and his missus too sometimes. Makes sense now.

So sport isn’t part of Benji Marshall’s life?

Jay is a great leader for Brisbane, he holds back the UK fly in’s (forgot, oh, Paul Jackson) effort down south.

Caught some of it this morning, sounded terrible.

How long has Susie O’Neill been apart of Ash, Kip & Luttsy?

Ever since Ash’s second DD episode.

Reality radio… that’s new! :wink:

1 Like

Nova 96.9 playing a lot of Adele this arvo with her concert in Sydney tonight.

In for Chrissie, Sam & Browny this morning - the first local Melbourne jock on the stations since January I’d say

1 Like

What all three are away? How unusual.

Labour Day public holiday in Victoria today.

Oh ok. I’m surprised they didn’t network Fitzy and Wippa in haha.

Chrissie, Sam & Brownie now #1 FM Breakfast in Melbourne. Big move beating Fox FM!

4 Likes

Excellent news! It’s a great show. Unfortunately it isn’t heard anywhere else. Maybe they can share the 6pm slot with Fitzy and Wippa and maybe slip in at 6:30pm for 30 mins?

2 Likes

My suggestions for Nova 969:

1. Extend Fitzy and Wippa 5:30am-9:30am (No Hit radio station in Sydney is on air before 6 and could be quite an advantage)
  2. Expand the playlist by creating a 9-5 no repeat work day
  3. Simon Baggs 9:30-1pm
  4. Greg Burns 10pm
  5. Every hour mystery hour. Take calls from locals and let them choose the song that plays next
  6. More competitions and games throughout the day
  7. OB’s from 9:30am-4pm. Get the public involved
1 Like

Because not a lot of people are tuning in that early and extending will cause them to burn out.

If I was programming Nova 96.9, I would do the following,

1. Fitzy and Wippa 6:00-9:30
  2. 9:30 am Throwbacks and then reintroduce the 100min music marathon
  3. Simon Baggs 9:30am-12:00p
  4. DC 12:00-3:00pm
  5. Jimmy and Nath 3:00-4:00pm
  6. Kate Tim & Marty
  7. Greg Burns 10-1am
    Music wise more adventurous playlist and throwbacks, e.g Nirvana, Foo Fighthets, Ice Cube similar to what you hear on Nova 106.9 to sound different from KIIS and 2day

4 hours before songs get repeated instead of 2 hours. 1 throwback per hour on weekends during day shifts.

Throwback Thursday

Dance music house party show with requests from 6pm

Best of Fitzy and Wippa 6am Saturday morning

Best of Kate Tim & Marty 6am Sunday

Sunday night, highlights of Melbourne breakfast show and Jimmy and Nath.

And if I was PD at Nova I’d go back to the days of when it first launched. Copy and paste.

2 Likes