Nova Network

I wouldn’t say that I’m a regular listener of the station, but if Nova are retaining local breakfast programs over the Summer break that’s a really good thing. Sure, it won’t be the same as having the “ratings period” presenters on but even having just one locally based presenter on breakfast to break up the songs & Traffic/News/Weather Updates is a great way of nurturing and developing talent for the future while still providing listeners with fresh content each morning.

Networked breakfast shows might be acceptable for small regional markets with barely any resources, but I wouldn’t say SCA doing a networked breakfast show on the Hit Network in metro markets (especially here in Sydney, where 2DayFM need to build all the momentum they can during Summer) is ideal.

1 Like

Your small minded ways are really doing your opinion no justice, in what I was saying was (if you knew there were other Nova stations in other cities you would know) that in Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide, Nova are all doing best of or prerecorded shows where as Hit are doing a live national show from Brisbane. The only place Nova are doing a live breakfast show is in Sydney, so I’m saying if all other markets have a best of show running, why not make Matty, Sarah and De Groot National like Hit are doing with Those two Girls. Seems pointless having it only run in Sydney.

You are missing the point??

I think you’ve done enough trolling for today. Now go back and do some real work to save the Austereo network.

What’s the Austereo network? What are you talking about? Hit? At least our network is stronger overall than your very own Nova 96.9… How’s Paul going at the moment? Are you the new program director after Sarah’s taken an on air role?

Seriously, mate. You’ve got some issues. Why do you take any criticism about the “Hit network” so personally?

I don’t work for Nova. I’m only taking part in the discussion. If you cared to notice, I criticised one of their choices for summertime presenter only this morning.

I criticise 2Day and KIIS when they deserve it.

2 Likes

So do I, I despise the fact they went through 5 breakfast shows after KJ and now the 6th, seems so ridiculous. I wish Guy knew a thing about consistency like Paul did with Fitzy and Wippa

1 Like

Ok, time to move on

1 Like

Kate, Tim and Marty repeats are on.

Nova network Summer Schedule: https://buff.ly/2rDL0MJ

But rarely Nova

Seems stupid Matty and Sarah isn’t national

Rubbish. Go back and read my comments.

Just a few of my criticisms of Nova:

The repetitive nature of the playlist. Some songs played every two hours.
The repetitiveness of a limited number of throwbacks.
The lack of fresh hits at breakfast and drive.
English imports on Australian radio.
Greg Burns going national.

2 Likes

That is by far the most random schedule I have ever seen… It really is hard to look at, I mean shouldn’t that be the email that is sent round to every Nova Daytime announcer. That really is not the sort of thing you should put on radiotoday, it isn’t even an article just a mess. A national breakfast show would make things seem a lot less messy from reader’s and listener’s perspective

I agree with those.

The original version was messy, but the edited version seems easy enough for the reader to follow. Local breakfast, national drive, nights, Christmas Day.

I’d personally prefer to hear a local breakfast program in all metro markets during Summer, even if that means only having one locally based announcer in the studio/on-air. For the sake of 4-6 weeks, I think most people wouldn’t mind listening to a predominantly music-based breakfast program with minimal chit-chat during a traditionally more “laid back” time of year.

Also I’m not sure about everyone else but I personally wouldn’t want to listen to networked and outside of Sydney/Melbourne, likely delayed content (due to time differences) at breakfast time over Summer.

Regardless of the network, national breakfast programs over Summer really should be a last resort for smaller regional markets without sufficient resources to run a local show of their own while the regulars are away and maybe the period between December 24 & January 1 when almost everyone wants to be on holidays.

1 Like

You say that as if Nova are doing it and Hit aren’t? Not sure if you realised but in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, Nova are playing repeated content from earlier in the year. At least with a national breakfast show you don’t have to put up with repeated content you’ve heard all before.

It’s not delayed, it’s live into Sydney and Melbourne?? You can see on their instagram… Don’t just assume it’s delayed, you Sydney centered person, there are other cities in Australia as well.

Are you calling SCA cheap? If you are, go say it to Grant Blackley’s face, I’d like to see that

I don’t suppose anyone has a copy of the original text? The edited version has dropped a lot of the detail about the daytime/overnight shifts.

1 Like

I did realise that and indeed, personally think that Nova (along with Hit & KIIS) should have some form of live/local breakfast programming during the Summer break, even if that means just having one announcer in the studio to back announce songs and tell their listeners of events happening in their city that day/over the weekend which would be of interest to the station’s target demographic.

That’s all well and good…if you live in the right time zone.

Umm…I was obviously referring to the fact that outside of Sydney & Melbourne (or NSW, the ACT, Victoria & Tasmania, depending on how many regions get the program via their local Hit stations), the program would likely be aired on delay - three hours old by the time Perth/WA gets to hear it.

Charming.

And yes, I’m well aware that there’s other cities in Australia.

As far as their breakfast programming over Summer is concerned, yes.

I’m more than happy to praise the Hit Network whenever I feel it’s warranted. But this isn’t the time or thread to do that, so I’ll leave it there.

Unfortunately I don’t, sorry.

What sort of delay are you talking about? They are doing the show 5-8am their time, 6-9am our time, are you talking like a 30 sec delay for it to get to Sydney? It obviously isn’t live into Brisbane because they are an hour behind…

I thought the Hit Network Breakfast Program was coming out of Sydney or Melbourne rather than Brisbane so stand corrected on that. But Perth would probably get delayed content (two hours instead of three, but still not ideal) if it’s run in a similar way to national/network drive programs and the like.

Now, let’s go back to discussing Nova. Presumably there’ll be a mostly unchanged regular presenting lineup across the board for 2019?

1 Like

Troy Ellis presenting on Nova 969 this Christmas Day morning.

1 Like

https://radioinfo.com.au/news/nova-entertainment-hit-data-incident
The full statement can be found here
Sounds very serious. It has been picked by Seven with more info on The Latest.

1 Like