Nova Network

I pretty much agree. It’s great that they have less repetition but I think some of the throwback artists get played way too much. Particularly Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Bruno Mars, Pink, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift.

They need to cut back some of the songs in their top 10 that are 3 months or older. They need to play the new music more often. Some new tracks only get one spin a day.

2 Likes

I totally agree, still have these artists as their core artists, but really now they need to add some new music to their playlist.
The Edge 96.1 now seems to be breaking all the new music in Sydney.

2 Likes

They also don’t realise the benefit new songs and new artists have on their shows. When they play something new it sparks conversations on Fitzy & Wippa or Kate, Tim & Marty. They want to find out more about them or share info about them.

When they play the often repeated stuff, they’re more likely to be bagging the songs or the repetitiveness. I’ve noticed Fitzy has started saying “He/She/They have a huge future ahead of him/her/them”. It’s sound like a huge piss take for these often repeated oldies.

1 Like

And right on cue, this morning’s throwbacks are predictably Pink and Beyonce/Destiny’s Child followed by a new Ed Sheeran. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

And Pink featured again this morning in the throwback along with Adele again. I guess I have to add Adele to that list of overplayed throwbacks now.

I suspected Nova was trying to sound more like KIIS and this proves it.

And an Ed Sheeran throwback yet again this morning. :roll_eyes:

ETA: And the amount of times they’ve played Liam Payne’s Strip That Down (a song from last year) in the past two weeks is verging on the ridiculous.

Greg Burns has returned from holidays and is doing the morning shift this morning in Sydney and Melbourne.

What luck for the audience and clients.

I assume Lenno who is filling in for Fitzy and Wippa this week, is the same Lenno who replaced Josiah Shala on their show.

Am I imagining things or has Lenno been on and off-air at Nova (weekends/holidays etc) for a while? I feel like I remember hearing a ‘Lenno’ on the weekends a number of years ago

There’s a David Lennon who goes by Lenno. I assume he is the same one. He has been around Nova for a while doing various weekend, late night and full in shifts.

I’m having a complete mind blank.

Was Greg Burns on during the week? He was on last weekend and is on this morning but I just don’t remember hearing him during the week?

I heard him during the week I think…

Was thinking they might have given Troy the role permanently and moved Greg to weekends.

Hearing Greg Burns this morning too, was not on during the week on Nova 96.9, was he on in Melbourne?
Considering how big the signing he was and if the case now only doing the weekends / floater!!

I am finding the Greatest Hit playlist which is now the general sound of the station is starting to get stale. Just to safe and boring. Need to get more music into the playlist and get some different throwbacks into the mix.
When I did their last music survey I said I was sick of 50% of the songs on the list.

I heard Troy in Melbourne on mornings this week

Totally agree. I’ve heard heard these a million times already:

• Liam Payne - Strip That Down
  • Pink - Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
  • Maroon 5 - Move Like Jagger
  • DNCE - Cake by the Ocean
  • Bruno Mars - Finesse
  • Keala Settle - This is me

Since the switch, they’re almost on high rotation as much as the fresh hits. If this is the format now, then it’s going to be worse than what it was before.

2 Likes

I am pretty much over it, they just cannot get the playlist right. It is either a narrow playlist of new songs. Or reduce the new music and play songs that are past their use by date on high rotation. kiis / 2Day Fm imitation.
Only option is to go back to the original format when they sounded different. Dance / top 40 / RnB/ Alt / Rock Obviously they cannot do two ads in a row. Even if their playlist sounded like the regional hit stations that would be an improvement.

3 Likes