Nova Network

They really seem to have a knack at turning off listeners right now.

7 Likes

More like, turn down the feel bad…

6 Likes

Have been listening to Eagle FM out of Goulburn this weekend. They run ads for Kate, Tim and Joel so there is a Nova connection.

The Eagle FM playlist is brilliant compared to Nova. So much new music that Nova does not play, both low on the chart and outside the top 50. So many hits from the past 10 years that Nova no longer play. They play the chart hits too but I heard very little repetition. Quite refreshing. If only Nova was like this.

7 Likes

Eagle fm / Snow fm have been consistently good for quite some time now. They also include more Australian music in their normal playlist compared to other CHR stations.

Their log should be what Power fm plays rather then running a similar log to Wave fm.
Eagle fm High School Hits are more modern and more adventurous then what Nova plays.
Unfortunately Eagle fm is just outside of my dx range.

2 Likes

Yes that was great too. The sort of music that Nova only plays after 10pm but scattered throughout the day. It really was great. I think I want to move to the Southern Tablelands now. :wink:

1 Like

Re Eagle FM:

You only have to move all the way to Bowral & the Southern Highlands to be able to pick up Eagle FM. That way, you’ll still be close enough to Sydney at the same time. :slight_smile:

Alternatively, you can always stream them (or Snow FM) online too.

You can see their playlist on the link below.

Further discussions about Eagle & Snow FM should be made on the following thread below.

2 Likes

Hill Top is a close to Sydney as it gets for permanent reception. You loose it on the car radio as you descend down onto the MacArthur Plains.
Nova on the other hand drops out at Wingello but low to moderate tropo can extend it into Lake George.

1 Like

That’s a very good playlist

2 Likes

So glad this is saved for posterity. Makes me laugh everytime I hear it, the editing is insane. Such narcissism.

5 Likes

Why?? I’m a J’s listener so wouldn’t know the context but would’ve thought Breaking Me is a Nova track more than an SAFM. Should Nova be newer, is that the thinking?

1 Like

?

It’s Joel Corry x MNEK - Head & Heart from July 2020 with the lyrics changed to promote Nova’s “turn up the feel good” positioner. In May 2021. :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

As a (crap) jock I don’t mind the integ hook and segue but I would query why you’d also run a sweep between the songs. I’d just run that clean

3 Likes

oh god they’re now using that song for their 10K a day competition, Nova it’s time to STOP

2 Likes

What have I been saying for the past 17 days. :wink:

1 Like

With all this crap on Nova it makes me want to Turn up The KIIS!!

2 Likes

Btw there still has not been a male winner for Nova’s 10K a Day in May.

1 Like

Nova and SAFM playing extended versions of songs for some reason. Sounds a little strange.

3 Likes

Possibly they are trying to win back lost listeners who have switched over to Fresh FM.

2 Likes

That’d purely be a scheduling mistake. Radio stations often have a home-made copy of songs in their playout library with the intro extended/looped to talk over.

3 Likes

Nova does this with most songs now and sometimes the intro seems to go forever while the hosts blab on and on and on.

2 Likes