North Shore

It is a six-part series set on and around Sydney Harbour. It follows the clash of cultures when British and Australian detectives team to solve a complex murder mystery, and uncover a conspiracy with international political consequences.

The series is produced by Beach Road Pictures, the production company set up by former Playmaker bosses David Maher and David Taylor. It is directed by Gregor Jordan (Two Hands) with writing from Marcia Gardner (The Doctor Blake Mysteries).

It is financed in part by Screen Australia, which unveiled its latest funding round of A$12 million to go to four feature films, three TV dramas and two kids series including feature film Addition from Made Up Stories, run by Big Little Lies exec producer Bruna Papandrea.

Originally reported to be going to Paramount +

https://twitter.com/Channel10AU/status/1577851153840107520?s=20&t=UrAJS6rHmA8QgOGwolWc4g

2 Likes

Network 10 Announces Stellar Cast Of Compelling Crime Drama, North Shore.

John Bradley, Joanne Froggatt, Kirsty Sturgess, Dan Spielman, Rob Carlton And Matt Passmore Headline Cast.

John Bradley (Game of Thrones, Moonfall), Golden Globe winner and three-time EMMY award nominee Joanne Froggatt (Liar, The Commons), Kirsty Sturgess (Thirteen Lives, Young Rock), Dan Spielman (New Gold Mountain, The Code), Rob Carlton (Paper Giants, Chandon) and Matt Passmore (Frayed, The Glades) headline North Shore, the six-part crime thriller for Network 10 and Paramount UK.

Created by Mike Bullen (Cold Feet) and directed by Gregor Jordan (Two Hands) with writing from Marcia Gardner (The Doctor Blake Mysteries), the cast also includes Rhys Muldoon (Interceptor,

New Gold Mountain), Claire Lovering (Class of ’07, The Letdown) and Chris Alosio (Surviving Summer, Next Goal Wins).

Set on and around Sydney Harbour, North Shore follows the clash of cultures when British and Australian detectives team up to solve a complex murder mystery and uncover a conspiracy with international political consequences.

Currently filming, the series is being produced by Diane Haddon (The Secrets She Keeps S2, The Commons, The Code) and executive produced by Beach Road Pictures’ David Maher and David Taylor, Mike Bullen and Network 10’s Rick Maier.

Daniel Monaghan, SVP Content & Programming, Paramount Australia & New Zealand, said: "We are thrilled to be teaming up with Mike Bullen, Gregor Jordan and Beach Road Pictures on this compelling drama, set on the North Shore of our beautiful harbour city and brought to life by a great cast of international and local actors.

“Local productions are a priority for us and I’m certain North Shore will be another gleaming example of great television that can be created right here in our own backyard.”

David Maher and David Taylor said: “North Shore is a gripping crime story as strong on character as it is on plot. We’re excited to be working with the stellar team of Mike Bullen, Gregor Jordan and such a brilliant cast to bring it to life.”

Produced by Beach Road Pictures, North Shore is financed by Screen Australia in association with Screen NSW. It is also produced in association with, and distributed internationally by, ITV Studios.

“Local productions are a priority to us” - except local actors don’t appear to be though.

I mean, it’s a joint production - what do you expect? Sure it would be nice, but this wouldn’t have been funded otherwise. Given it’s being done locally, lots of local extras, crew etc will be involved which all helps.

Given 10’s investment across FTA dramas in the next year or too I’m definitely not complaining if it means more at the expense of a couple of lead roles going to overseas talent along with Aussie actors.

2 Likes

https://10play.com.au/north-shore/articles/meet-the-stellar-cast-of-10s-compelling-crime-drama-north-shore/tpa230424xwsyg

First promo shown during I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here tonight.

1 Like

Wednesday May 10.

1 Like

3 Likes

A Mother. A Mystery. A Murder.

All New Australian Drama, North Shore Premieres Wednesday, 10 May At 8.40pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Nothing is as it seems on Sydney’s North Shore…

When the 19-year-old daughter of a UK politician is found dead in Sydney Harbour, cultures clash as a British and an Australian detective team up to solve a complex murder mystery. But this international investigation will expose more than murder, as the two detectives begin to uncover a conspiracy with political consequences.

The six-part Australian crime drama for Network 10 and Paramount UK stars John Bradley (Game of Thrones, Moonfall), Golden Globe winner and three-time EMMY award nominee Joanne Froggatt (Liar, The Commons), Kirsty Sturgess (Thirteen Lives, Young Rock), Dan Spielman (New Gold Mountain, The Code), Rob Carlton (Paper Giants, Chandon), Matt Passmore (Frayed, The Glades), Rhys Muldoon (Interceptor, New Gold Mountain), Claire Lovering (Class of ’07, The Letdown) and Chris Alosio (Surviving Summer, Next Goal Wins).

Created by Mike Bullen (Cold Feet) and directed by Gregor Jordan (Two Hands) with writing from Marcia Gardner (The Doctor Blake Mysteries), North Shore is produced by Diane Haddon (The Secrets She Keeps S2, The Commons, The Code) and executive produced by Beach Road Pictures’ David Maher and David Taylor, Mike Bullen and Rick Maier.

God - either the show is awful or that promo just makes it look completely forgettable

What a flat dead promo

I haven’t seen the show yet but I slready feel like the two leading British actors are miscast in those roles.

Having trouble believing Joanne Frogget as the mother of a 19 year old even though she is old enough to be in real life. Also, really unsure of John Bradley in the role as the detective.

Did anyone watch this?

I watched the first episode tonight. It was OK.

I watched the first part of the episode. It’s well made but the prominence of the British accents in it is quite distracting for an ‘Aussie drama’ (yes I know it’s a co-commission but still). If viewers weren’t paying attention they would’ve thought this was an imported drama which could be a big turn off as with all foreign drama of late.

I tried but I zoned out hahaha.

I was right about the two leading British actors being miscast in the roles.

Just seems like Joanne Frogget is too young to be the mother of a 19 year old and also a UK Secretary of State.

John Bradley is completely wrong for the role of the detective. His character seems to have his light hearted moments but that seems out of step with such serious subject matter.

1 Like

I caught up with this last night and it wasn’t bad. I quite liked it. The main character is around 45 years old and so it’s plausible she had a 19 year old daughter. Joanne Froggat looks about 40-45 so I don’t think it’s such a stretch.

The production values look good and hopefully it gains an audience through 10play and P+. We still need dramas to be made for FTA.