Nine (WIN)

Thats why we called Wait Awhile. Regional WA could be the only station in Australia without a Channel Nine come midnight.

The Final Night of WIN TV’s Relationsship with Channel Nine as well as Southern Cross airing Ten Programming.

Ten Eyewitness News’s report about the affiliation party:

8 Likes

Anyone In regional WA going to record what happens on the current 10 channel after midnight?.

Days like this I still wished I had VAST :frowning:

Standing by…

Are you going to record both Ten and WIN?

TEN, WIN and all the WIN News bulletins via VAST.

5 Likes

“Ten Eyewitness News will also be broadcast across the state for the first time…”

Yeah, I guess we’ll ignore the fact that all of regional NSW has had access to Ten’s Sydney 5pm bulletin for many years if not decades…

8 Likes

Photos from WIN News Illawarra Facebook page.

3 Likes

David Robinson headed down to WIN Wollongong to give full details about Channel TEN and WIN Television joining forces.

8 Likes

If channel 10 are taking less advertising revenue from WIN wouldn’t it be good If they re-instated local news services In areas which they bailed out of like Mildura.

WIN News story as expected

4 Likes

WIN are paying Ten a lower share of advertising revenue to Ten than they would have been with Nine. But at the same time they’ll be collecting a lot less advertising revenue as a result of Ten affiliation. It is still to be seen if WIN can sustain its existing local news services given the lower revenue base. Far too soon to consider reinstating any other services.

4 Likes

The news story as captured from the WIN News Illawarra bulletin:

4 Likes

It would seem Nine has only given WIN an SD feed of the NRL tonight. WIN’s graphics looking crisp, Nine’s not so much…

Edit: Now in HD

Even though it’s in SD, the line-up graphic and voice-over just before the NRL said that it was in HD.

2 Likes

With the WIN launch, anyone know what the questions/answers were with George Calombaris (i.e.) MasterChef?

Also, anyone know what the reach is in regional WA? 500,000 (approx)?

572 304 or 2.67% of Australian population according to the ACMA.

1 Like

I’d love to know what work the techs have been doing for this changeover will It be as simple as flicking a switch at midnight?.