Nine (WIN)

Nah I’m sure Nine’s doing just fine, they have to do even less for the same affiliation fee and they get greater reach with their agreement and their brand.

WIN isn’t exactly a news pioneer these days, but it’s a stretch to say regional would have been better served by news by SCA

1 Like

Under the SCA/Nine and WIN/Ten affiliations, WIN and Nine were creating separate competing regional news services. Therefore you could argue it was better as there was more choice on offer. SCA is now back to doing only noodle updates under the Ten affiliation.

1 Like

Yes, WIN and Nine were. SCA themselves weren’t doing anything new, with the exception of noodle updates for TAS. SCA continues to do the bare minimum which is why I disagree.

Overall regional continues to be worse off for news - WIN SA for example no longer has any local news content whatsoever- but at this point I don’t see it ever changing except for further consolidation or enforcement of local TV requirements which would only happen if a trigger event occurs…

Since Nine was making the news for SCA, I’d argue it’s not a stretch at all.

1 Like

He tried. The employees rejected him.

1 Like

The way he is running WIN into the ground it is no surprise.

2 Likes

WIN Nine Tasmania will be airing a different schedule on November 26 to Nine Melbourne due to election coverage.

Saturday, November 26
6:00 PM Nine News Saturday
7:00 PM A Current Affair
7:30 PM Movie: The Bourne Ultanium (2007)
9:40 PM Movie: The Bourne Legacy (2012)
12:05 AM Movie: Collateral Beauty (2016)

Unlike SCA Seven, the schedule is identical to the Sydney feed. Would anybody in Tasmania be able to say if Nine News Sydney or Melbourne airs on Saturday?

3 Likes

Will probably be Melbourne’s news.

Yes but before 6:00 PM Nine News First at Five and Getaway are airing like the rest of the country, so I figured it would be easier for WIN Nine to air Nine News Sydney. Besides if they do, it won’t have the election coverage in the bulletin.

Also, Nine Tasmania is airing “Our State on a Plate” with Nine Sydney instead of Fishing Australia like Nine Melbourne at 6:00 AM (very surprising WIN chose to air it over FA as Fishing is made by WIN) So it seems that the feed switches over during the day as Postcards is still scheduled to air at 5:30pm on Sunday.

1 Like

Ah that makes sense. Yes I’d say it would be Sydney then.

It also seems 9Gem will switch to the Sydney feed, due to different movies as main channel films being on 9Gem in Melbourne, and a different movie in other states. Not sure about 9Go! or 9Life as those schedules are the same in Sydney/Melbourne.

1 Like

I found this TV station from the Caribbean called WIN TV (https://wintvx.com/):

Yes its a real channel! The logo looks like a bad mock of our WIN TV.

4 Likes

Has been mentioned on here a whole ago.
Looks even shadier now.
Used to be “WIN Caribbean” with a direct knock off of the 2005 dotty WIN logo.

3 Likes

Yes just found it.

3 Likes

The station is no longer operation AFAIK.

1 Like

Hot Seat looks to be SD on WIN Nine

Will that be because they play it out themselves at 4.30?

1 Like

WIN TV and its associated radio station WIN Radio 101.1FM were ordered by TATT to cease and desist operations on 14 June 2016.[6][7]

They always do, but this is the first time it was SD. Most days have Hot Seat in HD.

1 Like

well considering Bruce Gordon has a strong connection with the area, doesn’t really surprise me at all