Nine (WIN)

The reason Ten is included is because of their Northern NSW station, otherwise they would have also included the Seven channels on that site.

Interesting that Mildura has a younger population base than Griffith and Mount Gambier according to the table.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that, the issue is not that the Ten logos are included but rather that in the spiel that follows it only talks about Nine: “Night after night, Nine is the place where love and passion, dreams and drama, magic and reality come alive.”

If the website is covering both bases in terms of Nine and Ten then the copy should be inclusive. Not saying it needs a major re-write but just a tweak.

5 Likes

Shouldn’t be mentioning 10 at all since SCA took over sales of WIN10. If it’s mentioned because of the solus markets then why isn’t Seven mentioned too?

3 Likes

SCA have national sales, whereas local is with Nine.

2 Likes

Here’s the promo

3 Likes

Does anybody know whv in 2015 WIN’s GOLD & GOLD2 swap LCNs 84 & 82?

1 Like

In 2016 WIN launched 9Life and 9HD so they reshuffled all their channels to mirror the metro order. GOLD was moved to 86 and GOLD 2 was killed off.

Before March 2016:
8 - WIN
80 - GEM
82 - GOLD 2
84 - GOLD
88 - GO!

March - July 2016:
8/81 - WIN
80 - WIN HD
82 - 9Gem
83/88 - 9Go!
84 - 9Life
85 - extra
86 - GOLD

2 Likes

It was replaced by Extra, which only lasted for a few months and disappeared when the 2016 affiliation swap happened. I am surprised WIN haven’t replaced TVSN with Extra.

1 Like

I’m sure there’s a reason why they don’t. Obvious one would be pre-existing contracts.
Financially I think it would be in WINs interests to not take on Extra - wouldn’t they be paying NEC for a channel they (WIN) wouldn’t make any revenue from?

1 Like

What I mean is that GOLD and GOLD2 swapped LCNs:

November 23, 2015:
8 - WIN
80 - GEM
82 - GOLD2
84 - GOLD
88 - GO!

November 24, 2015:
8 - WIN
80 - GEM
82 - GOLD
84 - GOLD2
88 - GO!

1 Like

I think it’s more likely we see Extra replacing GOLD with the way WIN and Nine’s business relationship is going of late.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone really knows why, but I will say this;

On November 23rd 2015, WIN would have been briefed on Nine’s imminent changes with 9HD/9Life/renumbering about to launch in the days ahead. There is no doubt WIN would have been working out what to do and how they’ll renegotiate in January. They could have discovered that it was easier moving GOLD 2 (a timeshifted copy of GOLD) to another encoder at playout in preparation for the changes ahead.

2 Likes

On the Sunshine Coast tonight, there were playout issues, WIN crashed into the Nine News sports segment with the 1st report already half read, and the bulletin crashed out near the end of Luke’s leisure report straight into ACA. Not good.

2 Likes

poor old WIN, falling apart

Was it ever really “together”?
It’s been on a slow downwards spiral ever since the mid 90s.

3 Likes

The sooner WIN gets swallowed up by Nine and moves all WIN Nine playout to Frenchs Forest, the better.

3 Likes

I’m sure the dozens of employees at Mediahub appreciate your sentiments.

10 Likes

Yes, even if they could keep their jobs in such a move, I’m not sure those working at Ingleburn would want to commute to Frenchs Forest, probably over an hour away, instead.

Don’t forget when Media Hub started, many people lost their jobs in Rockhampton, Wollongong, Ballarat, Mt Gambier, Hobart and those around Australia who formerly worked at the ABC. Business is business in the never-ending quest to cut costs where there is no loyalty to anyone anymore.

9 Likes

The way that was handled by WIN was incredibly business-like. Absolute zero care was given to staff.