Nine (WIN)

7 is a high rating network, thanks to its content.

Ordinary viewers don’t care much about the brand, or which channel a programme is on (although there’s some preference for the long-time local service for news).

The regional affiliation swaps proved it; after a bit of settling, WIN’s ratings plummeted when they lost their 9 affiliation and they began airing Network 10 programming in 2016, and SC9’s soared. I have to imagine that it’s reversed after this year’s switch-back.

Prime7 still having local news will certainly help, where they do, so no, unpopular content wouldn’t rate.

5 Likes

Yes, being the incumbant broadcasters RVN and CBN and keeping a local news presence proves why.

1 Like

Yes and no. People generally watch shows not channels.

But also you see a very clear pattern where local News lifts a whole station. 7 Queensland , nbn, 7 Tasmania, gwn. When people trust your news brand they tend to trust your channel brand

For decades we’ve also seen where average shows perform better on 7 and really fantastic shows under perform on say 10 or sbs.

That’s both awareness (Low viewership means less people see your promos) and also brand affinity

2 Likes

WIN doesn’t own 50% of Kix Country. Kix is 100% owned by Grants. There are some arrangements that see Kix in markets that have no local Grants stations.

2 Likes

Qld Vaccination promos

5 Likes

WIN have finally released the entire Saddle Club series on DVD, and the series has also been added to Stan. I’m guessing this is an excuse for them to make a new sponsor billboard….
This program brought to you by The Saddle Club and Crawfords DVD. The home of classic Australian television

3 Likes

I think I’ve found a “satisfied” Crawfords DVD customer…

7 Likes

LCN names have been changed slightly. For example:

8: Ch9 Bendigo
80: 9HD Bendigo

Multichannels not changed.
Is this in any other markets?

5 Likes

I have this LCN on my TV’s

8: Ch9 Canberra
80: 9HD Canberra

5 Likes

Same in Mackay.

4 Likes

I thing it should be “9 Bendigo” not “Ch9 Bendigo”

2 Likes

I think it should be Channel 9 Canberra as the LCN name when Nine Entertainment purchase WIN’s TV assets.

1 Like

Channel 9’s O%O stations are “9 Sydney” and “9 Melbourne” for example. so it would be “9 Canberra”

6 Likes

Channel 9 is more than appropriate as that is what it is, Channel 9 on WIN.

2 Likes

Agree, or spell Channel in full.
There’s enough room.

I’m guessing their agreement with Nine precludes them from incorporating WIN into the LCN e.g. 9onWIN (location) as per those WIN Network IDs.

1 Like

If so, why would Nine find this as a problem??? I would think more people know the WIN brand more, with Nine’s on-air presentations over the years.

I really think the WIN brand would be more recognizable to the viewer.

In Wollongong/Illawarra, it’s:

8: Ch9 Wollongong
80: 9HD Wollongong

That means for the first time, all three commercial stations now share the same geographic name of ‘Wollongong’, in which prior to this year’s affiliation change, WIN used ‘Illawarra’ instead.

4 Likes

Probably for the same reason Nine branding has replaced WIN branding on almost everything else.

2 Likes

Is the price paid by WIN at all costs to get NEC programming back I would imagine as they were bleeding badly with the TEN content.
Is so pleasing to see the ancient Wollongong Illawarra New South Wales callsign gone apart from the billboards and the now shadow of it’s former-self local news. The most pleasing part is that the solid blobs are gone and the schedule follows the metro schedule now apart from the 4.30pm to 6.00pm block on weekdays.
Best to keep the WIN branding off the LCN - period.
Next step is to change to the 9 LCN range.

9 Likes

I think the LCN’s on WIN’s TV stations with Nine affiliation will follow Nine except a 9Go! Simulcast on channel 88.

1 Like