Nine (WIN)

SNOW doing better then 10 Shake perhaps?

Lol WIN PEACH Loxton seems to be a little confused, an ad for a lifestyle village based in Mareeba Queensland

2 Likes

Like has been said in other instances, they’ve bought an ad on WIN. It often doesn’t matter where it’s shown.

6 Likes

The catchment area for a development like that is Australia wide.

Ray Martin loves the place. He helped launch it in 2018.

Ten’s Beverley McGarvey wouldn’t comment about a possible new affiliate deal with WIN, when asked by The Australian Financial Review. The AFR, as the SMH has reported before, is claiming that WIN wants to do a deal with Nine.

4 Likes
  • I’m sure WIN would prefer to hook up with Nine
  • I’m sure SCA would prefer to hook up with Nine
  • I’m sure 10 would prefer to hook up with SCA

But does anyone wanna hook up with WIN?

No.

9 Likes

If they were prepared to pay enough, I still think YES.

Money talks.

7 Likes

True but with the reduction of viewership of free to air television and it is not sustainable for affiliate agreements to be 40% of revenue for example.

1 Like

Not enough to see your brand die in regional Australia. Win won’t be around in 10 years but 9Now will be.

4 Likes

WIN pays Network 10 A fee of 35%

Nine currently gets 50% off SCA

Unless WIN is prepared to offer Nine more than SCA will… nothing will change

And I think we all know of ALL TV companies in Australia, WIN of the most immune to 1) spending money and 2) co-operating with parent network

They would have to come to Nine with a REALLY sweet deal.

SCA also has a a month of exclusive offering window to Nine to make a pitch. And can always come back and outbid WIN again

5 Likes

Does the fact that WIN is a significant shareholder - I think 3rd behind HSBC’s and JP Morgan’s nominees (as of the last annual report (see below), that may have changed) and number one substantial shareholder (see below) help?

I’m spit balling here, but what if Bruce was able to find some financing to take over NEC and force a merger between WIN and NEC, thereby making SCA a non-factor? It’d make no sense for WIN to broadcast Ten stuff if they own NEC?

And Jewish aliens with laser eyes could beam to earth and zap Bruce away.

Both are distant possibilities

5 Likes

I’ll pay that. :rofl:

2 Likes

The thing I’m keeping an eye on is WIN after Bruce, I have a feeling it won’t be long for this world as it’s own entity.

1 Like

His son will probably take over. He’s been groomed for a while now.

4 Likes

Andrew is the executive chairman of WIN. He in theory already runs the operation.

6 Likes

I was reading that WIN Television is the worlds largest private regional network of land mass?

2 Likes

There’s no value there he’ll want to sell out surely, it’s just Bruce hanging on to the glory days. A metro network would snap it up at the right price.

5 Likes

Correct, WIN covers the most surface area across the country. The map below is a bit outdated since they now cover Northern NSW as well but you get the picture. The only regional markets they don’t cover are Spencer Gulf (not sure why it’s shown on the map), Broken Hill, Darwin and Remote Central & East.

7 Likes

It’s a con of a statement. WIN is privately owned, so they are the biggest privately owned network. However, the ASX listed Southern Cross Austereo television network covers a larger area.

If my adding up is correct, SCA television covers 5,107,155 km², WIN television covers 3,403,337 km².

7 Likes