Nine (WIN)

… well one of the main reasons I finally quit the ABC was its descent into “highly questionable standards of journalism” … How ‘access journalism’ is threatening investigative journalism … but I don’t “hate” it …

1 Like

Why on earth would WIN continue to pay the affiliation fee but accept 6 hours less a day of programming only to double up and Pay for another 6 hours of programming from Sky?

The Project is one of WINs highest rating shows

This is pie in the sky speculation not grounded in any reality

2 Likes

Welcome to Media Spy :wink:

8 Likes

Reading this, I have a bit of a question.
Can ViacomCBS purchase the WIN Regional Stations to bring them in line with the Metro network?

1 Like

Don’t know if the reach rules have been repealed, if they have, they could, but really, would they want to?

Yes

ViacomCBS are currently in the process of getting rid of all underperforming and non-core assets … the assumption is that the 10 Network is one of those assets to be discarded so they would hardly be looking at throwing more good money after bad by buying the affiliate …

4 Likes

Yeah, but have you heard that WIN’s about to change its affiliation? /s

1 Like

Unlikely they’d want it, true. However selling 10 and 5 isn’t that likely, they are core (TV networks, and help expand their digital streaming platforms), and unlikely to fetch much if at all, and they’re selling things like Black Rock and Simon & Schuster, which will actually fetch money.

2 Likes

More chance of WIN becoming a full-time Sky News affiliate from July 1 and Ten affiliation moving to Prime, Seven QLD, NBN or SCA.

If WIN pays 35% of their revenue to Ten, Sky News would take about 5-10%?

Again, probably a very unlikely situation.

1 Like

Sorry but these types of scenarios are based on nothing but random musings in your own head.

Can we keep discussions based in reality?

4 Likes

If Ten don’t get WIN, they’ll lose that revenue base and those markets. The other channels already have their own highly priced affiliation contracts to work from let alone higher costs from the number three contract.

WIN could always then still do a content deal with Ten for key local content requirements at a lower cost and fill the remainder of their schedule with alternative content.

I don’t think their current fiddling with the TV guide to insert programming that nobody wants to watch qualifies WIN to fully program a channel on their own. Just saying…

4 Likes

Sorry what the fuck did I just read lol

10 Likes

Here’s your reality. Does WIN need Ten? WIN has threatened for years they can program their channels independently (examples are the 1970s US Crime Dramas on Saturday Night on Peach and their Christmas Day schedule).

They also have a deal with Sky News for a full multichannel and can possibly roll out news content on the main channel.

Ten’s programming is heavily city skewed so how that remains competitive in Shepparton, Wagga Wagga or Rockhampton is not possible.

They’ve pissed off Nine and Ten. Who’s next Seven?

2 Likes

100000% they do.

4 Likes

ID

2 Likes

(In sarcastic voice.)
OK!!!, no need to pull MTN (Seven) Griffith into this, or SES/RTS (Seven) as well.

Well actually we are forgetting they piss seven off big time… The Seven Prime merger!!

2 Likes

@rock12

In 2020 - WIN Network actually outperformed the 10 Network

WIN scored a a 18.2% share for 2020 - 10 a 18.1% share

4 Likes