Nine (WIN)

Broadcast area sheets are in need of an update…perhaps holding out hope for the next round of affiliation negotiations :thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

I’m not expecting that any time soon, and then I’m thinking the remains would get picked up cheap by CBS (they’d still want national coverage).

2 Likes

Amen to that!

1 Like

1 Like

It’s weird how WIN don’t manage to put a map watermark on 10 News First despite having the same left-corner centred graphics as Studio 10. If they did, it’ll be at its worse during the traffic reports, as shown in this mockup…

7 Likes

Is that the traffic reporter from Mad As Hell?

5 Likes

No…Emily Tahney is:

4 Likes

Yeah, I know …

1 Like

Illawarra Mercury is reporting Bruce Gordon’s purchase of an additional 20 million shares in Nine Entertainment in January makes him the largest individual shareholder in Nine. His stakes are “owned through a combination of direct holding, his private investment vehicle Birketu and his own media outfit, the WIN Corporation”.

2 Likes

I think the WIN HD and Sky News on WIN problems in WA have gotten worse. It seems to have a new symptom of freeze framing when there’s too much detail. The pixelation is unfortunately nothing new - been that way for 2 years now.

5 Likes

A case of trying to squeeze too many channels into a limited amount of satellite bandwidth?

Personally I think WIN should just ditch the SD simulcast of WIN and just have the HD main channel, BOLD and PEACH (as the network insists on calling these services) + maybe SNoW in WA.

4 Likes

Agreed, especially with removing SNOW. A few times now I’ve noticed the presenters only acknowledge NSW, Victoria and Queensland when they’re boasting about their reach. Plus no Headline News simulcast on the main channel here either.

4 Likes

It wouldnt be too hard to insert it into the schedule - all WIN would have to do it start it at 4am then screen CBS This Morning immediately after and finish with ET bringing it to 8:30am. Between October and early April, all they would have to do is cut AAN from its late night schedule and screen it the next morning, moving everything forward an hour from what the usual start times would be.

1 Like

They could just schedule it at the usual start time on delay, saving them from having to shuffle programs like that. Plus, I think 10’s scheduling of cooking shows and ET at that time is better than a US morning show.

2 Likes

True, I guess more so the Monday morning edition (which is the US Friday edition) which should probably be airing at 4:30am Saturday morning in any case). Maybe they could as you said either screen it on delay or even live and fill the gap with ET and cooking shows (and possibly The Talk), however over Summer, they could maintain a 4am start time (perhaps welcoming WA viewers 1 hour in) and screen a shortened version and possibly filling the extra hour with AAN.

2 Likes

Ten is still doing that instead of showing CBS Sunday Morning on Monday?

1 Like

If you read what i have said, its agreeing with @WAtvVideos that cooking shows and ET would be a better program option if WIN aired Headline News live into regional WA, as opposed to airing a news program that is over 48 hours old.

I did … I was in disbelief Ten are still doing it.

2 Likes

Sorry for the terrible photo, quickly snapped it with my iPhone.

Saw this appear on screen on WIN tonight while flicking channels, accompanied with a voice over. Is this just a WIN thing, or is this something they’ve copied from Ten?
I’m assuming the later, given it’s using the round WIN logo

5 Likes

Images that some viewers may find confronting

The WIN watermark?

12 Likes