Nine (WIN)

Thanks! I wasn’t watching WIN at the time, so wasn’t aware.

I’m amazed they’ve got WIN HD up and running so quickly.

I thought we’d be looking at the test slide for another 3 to 4 weeks yet.

1 Like

Nope, they’re not in the North, get mine from Barrow and Kelcey Tier.

I’m guessing 9Life will start the same day, but I have not seen a date about that just a lot of coming soon…

Looks like we will be waiting after march 1st to get win HD & 9life in tassie

You never know! But for some reason it does seem that the mainland Eastern States seem to get them first… Must be a population thing, I’m not sure!

A wild stab in the dark, but could it have something to do with the Basslink cable to the mainland being cut?

Where did you get the info from? I haven’t seen anything to see it launch on March 1st?

On a promo during TBBT tonight.

The March 1 promo is also airing in WA. Looks like a national rollout!

2 Likes

I can’t remember which new channel it was with but there was one where I thought we’d miss out but we got it at the very last minute, there’s still a few days.

I wondered about this the other week. Does any of the signals still come through the fibre or is it satellite? I know they used to use the fibre.

The promo I have seen is a 10 sec shortened version of the previous HD promo with modified endboard

Video

3 Likes

In Tasmania we are still waiting for the test slide channels they better get their act into gear if it starts march 1st

Looks like a huge week ahead … WIN HD, start of the brand change for NBN Television to Nine, 7flix, Ten HD with a possible on-air presentation change and of course if WIN will fully move over to Nine’s current look.

7 Likes

Not sure if something has been done with bitrates etc but WINGEM in regional Qld looks very sharp and super clear when I checking out the tv for a moment. It was a black and white movie though.

I haven’t seen it mentioned on here yet, but WIN website confirms 9Life is also launching on March 1, and there will be an LCN reshuffle.

This is from their website:
"Will my channel numbers change?
To accommodate the new channels, some of the existing channels will be moved.

WIN HD – Channel 80
WIN – Channel 8 & 81
9 GEM – Channel 82
9 GO! – Channel 83 & 88
9 LIFE – Channel 84
EXTRA – Channel 85
GOLD – Channel 86

How can I watch these new channels?
From the 1st of March, to watch WINHD and 9Life you will need to rescan your TV."

1 Like

All that’s left is for 7 HD to start. I wonder if WIN HD will look as sharp as 9 HD. I hope so because every time I switch to watch local news the picture looked a bit soft and a bit blurry because of SD format as opposed to the sharper 9 HD.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

I’m willing to predict that WIN will definitely still be a Nine Network affiliate after June 30, if not actually owned by the network (presuming that the reach rules are finally ditched) after then.

As for the announcement of WIN HD launching on March 1, at least that means that they’re spared the potential humiliation of metro markets getting two primary HD channels while many regional markets have access to none!

On a personal note, I’ll be on a short trip down the NSW South Coast for a few days next week so being able to see WIN HD in it’s early days should be interesting! :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

WIN’s announcement via Twitter:

3 Likes