Nine (WIN)

Is there any reason that WIN in regional WA isn’t covering their blank 5/50/55 etc with “Channel 1 is now on 81”, “Channel 11 is now on 82”, and of course “Channel 10 is now on Win 8”.

Better than a blank screen, and totally relevant to anyone trying to find channel 10 etc at it’s old LCN. If they’re permitted.

I’d say Prime wouldn’t allow for it, because they’re not WIN’s channels. Unless they also threw in a mention like “GWN7, 7TWO and 7mate are still on 6, 62, 63” or something?

The latest on West Digital is in the dedicated thread.

So it turns out it wasn’t just me experiencing terrible breakup and pixelation issues on all WIN channels from around 10:30pm to 1am. The whole state suffered through the same crap. I recall a similar situation when 9HD and 9Life launched. It must happen when they add or remove services on VAST (which feeds all the state’s terrestrial transmitters). Here I am up on the roof at 11 at night tweaking my aerial when I didn’t need to. :stuck_out_tongue:

TVSN promo

1 Like

Andrew Gordon is selling his very nice house in Rose Bay, having bought a large property in Austinmer last year. Moving closer to work?

1 Like

love it :slight_smile: bye bye Cover ups :slight_smile:

1 Like

WIN PRGs all over the shop today. WIN HD return graphic being played on SD. A mix of the Ten style logo PRG and HD version from one show to another.

So far no coverup on Ten News.

Maybe (hopefully) they won’t. Indications of that are them referring it to Ten Eyewitness News in promos.

Also in the EPG it is correctly “Ten Eyewitness News First at Five” unlike “National News” they referred to on Nine.

5 Likes

Family Feud Tas 5pm edition is a repeat of last night’s.

I’d imagine that it will continue to be the previous night’s episode rather than the new episode prior to it’s premiere on TEN Metros - most likely just recorded directly from the feed from TEN.

1 Like

The 6am version of Family Feud shown on WIN WA had no watermark. Is this also the case in Tassie?

its awesome having no ugly cover ups dont think we’ll ever see any cover ups now

There’s a WIN watermark on there but that’s it.

1 Like

Hopefully they can edit out or replace the promotions usually done at the end of it for Ten’s programming - ideally get Denyer to record a distinct signoff on each episode for WIN Tasmania - or a generic one they could also use on repeats.

WIN Illawarra and Melissa Russell went live on Facebook at the WIN/Ten party at WIN HQ. Interesting to see Geoff Phillips there, considering it was uploaded just after 6.30pm, so I assume that none of the NSW/ACT bulletins go to air live?

1 Like

Has win aired a lineup yet

Nope, it was an intro saying it was six o’clock and at the end, stay with us, The Project is up next!

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:2155, topic:55”]
Interesting to see Geoff Phillips there, considering it was uploaded just after 6.30pm, so I assume that none of the NSW/ACT bulletins go to air live?
[/quote]They may have done the Illawarra bulletin early just for Wednesday so that staff would be available for the launch party.

2 Likes

Are the bugs controlled from Ingleburn or the studios themselves at Wollongong (i.e.) Local news graphics dramas?

During the WIN Local News the bugs would come from the studio… So Wollongong and Machooydore.

1 Like