Nine (WIN)

Nine Ad Manager TVC

4 Likes

Not sure if this is a recent development, but WIN’s ad timing tonight is utterly dreadful - letting metro ads/promos slip through for up to 15 seconds at a time.

2 Likes

Sooner NEC takes over playout directly at NPCm, the better.

How long has Go! been 1080i HD via WIN, only just noticed it today, I knew it has converted to MPEG4 but not to HD?

Noted that Metro Go is still MPEG2 SD

3 Likes

It’s actually HD?? First I’ve heard of it - the MPEG4 press release didn’t specifically say it was going to HD but it did mention “increased picture quality” from memory

1 Like

Yeah it is HD here in Toowoomba, looks quite nice to

3 Likes

That’s fantastic. Hopefully it means metro is getting the upgrade soon too. Could be launched in time for the AusOpen when matches play on 9Go!

1 Like

I can pick up both Brisbane and Toowoomba markets where I am here at Mount Lofty, and Brisbane is still MPEG2 SD

3 Likes

Bendigo also has 9Go! in 1080i HD.

3 Likes

Also in Illawarra

3 Likes
7 Likes

I was going to post that but it seems you beat me. Finally we get something before metro, looks like they now know how we felt not getting the HD channels before, now it’s their turn. I wonder if SCA will follow soon?

1 Like

Just checked and it’s the same in Tasmania - not sure if it was before when all the other changes happened or not.

1 Like

And 9Go! is still glorious 576i here in Northern NSW (9NBN territory).

1 Like

Impressive. WIN’s getting it done! knock knock are you awake, Nine?

2 Likes

Did some digging and asked some questions and apparently WIN did the change to Go! rather quietly last night

WIN Main Channel on 8 will also be changing to MPEG4 in the future to so watch this space

1 Like

Channel 8 is already MPEG4 HD right?
Or was that only for Tasmania atm?

1 Like

Nah Channel 8 is MPEG2 SD and is the last channel on the WIN Multiplex to still be MPEG2
Channel 80 is MPEG4 HD

However I do believe Tassie has there HD channel on 8 and there SD on 81? Not sure if they are both MPEG4

1 Like

I think the legacy MPEG-2 main channel is a useful service, but once they decide they don’t need it, just save the bits. Anything that can get an MPEG-4 SD service can get the HD channel.

Doing what they’ve done in Tassie and flipping the channel order would make a lot of sense, but keep the channel around.

Nice move making Go HD, really should have always been that way around rather than Gem. I’d say Go in HD is more value than getting Rush, so a rare win for regional areas.

6 Likes

9Go! is also now in 1080i HD in regional SA.

3 Likes