Nine (WIN)

2 rumours that just won’t go away is the SCA /7 merger or buyout of SCA TV arm or whatever in 2 years time, and the 9 buyout of WIN, that being the catalyst for their new agreement this year, In all seriousness could this be an actual thing, i have friends that are current media people from different networks that say its likely, but all of them are not executive staff, they are just people from sector 7 b (hopefully a Simpsons reference there) staff gossip. Does anyone here actually believe that it could happen?

3 Likes

Homer works in Sector 7G

8 Likes

I don’t think I like the sound of an SCA/7 merger, it would put Prime7 Local News at risk (as they would be resigned to the 10 affiliation, where it’s lower revenues saw WIN reduce their local news footprint). And as SCAs commitment to local news has been poor compared to Prime and WINs.

3 Likes

For the sheer sake of the debate what would happen to Prime Northern NSW seeing as SCA sold off there TV station (NRN) to WIN with WIN keeping the 10 affiliation with NRN post the Network swap in July. Would WIN Northern NSW take up 7 leaving the Prime group with 10 or would Prime retain 7 leaving Northern NSW un-affected again by commercial arrangements for the rest of the Eastern Seaboard :thinking:

3 Likes

The latter, unless Prime and WIN came together to make a deal so that Prime could sell Ten across the eastern seaboard. They would have to weigh up what would be more lucrative for them.

There’s another thread for this: Future of regional affiliate branding

2 Likes

I just saw a 9Rush promo come through on main channel.

3 Likes

On the other hand, it doesn’t seem like WIN want to start carrying 9Rush on their Nine-affiliated stations for some reason. If they do start carrying it, I except it to be a quiet launch and the channel won’t be watched by many.

1 Like

He does, but…

Sector 7B is indeed a Simpsons reference, and a pretty good one at that:

16 Likes

Notice a 9Rush program promo on win this morning.

1 Like

Whelp, 2 days in a row!

1 Like

Think it is more a case of paying both Nine and Discovery Networks to carry the 9Rush joint venture channel into regional markets. Thinking it would be outside of affiliation agreements for fully owned Nine channels, Nine, 9Go!, 9Gem, and 9Life.

2 Likes

A Sydney Tools ad just slipped through 9Life Southern NSW. This is clearly supposed to be a regional feed…

There’s a Sydney Tools in every state and territory except TAS… it’s probably meant to be seen :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Yeah in the ACT I’ve seen there’s one in Fyshwick and another in Mitchell.

4 Likes

What’s your point? Businesses can deliver nationally and their names don’t necessarily relate to their location. Bega cheese?

10 Likes

if you go to google maps and search for Sydney Tools, you’ll most likely find there’s one near you, it’s no mistake you saw that ad

4 Likes

I’m emailing Premier Gutwein now to right this wrong once we have the AFL license sewn up.

9 Likes

Start small and work your way up. I like it.

3 Likes

He’s likely to throw a spanner in the works though.

4 Likes