Nine (WIN)

There’s about a 2.5 second delay in QLD

3 Likes

It was, and GTV preferred going local, even if the same network program as TCN.
Being TCN forever stuffed up the X-Bar network clean feed and forever changing their break structures owing to constant changing of promos in breaks to counter what Seven played in their breaks.
Going local was much easier for GTV.
TCN treated the network back then as ‘bottom feeders’ and the whole network knew it.

3 Likes

Are there any VIC/QLD/SA/WA versions?

17 Likes

Promo seen in Queensland

8 Likes

TV guides for 9Life has been revealed in WIN areas

Extracted from TV Guide | WIN Television which is WIN’s TV guide.

5 Likes

on foxtel its currently 10 Shake lol

1 Like

It should be exactly the same as Nine’s schedule.

It is the same as Nine’s schedule.

True. But you would still expect a slight delay if the output was fed by microwave link to the affiliate. That said, I’m not sure if it was.

2 Likes

Researched my recordings from last Christmas Day.
Seems like WIN made 70-minute compilation movies of both Halfway Across the Galaxy and The Saddle Club using 3 episodes of each show. Thankfully, the Saddle Club compilation is of the “classic” first season, not the WIN-produced third season. Only the Alive and Cooking Christmas Special (with guest host Santa) was gone from the schedule, because WIN probably treat that show as a “relic” of the dark years under Nine affiliation.

This Christmas Day will be an interesting one, since Nine’s collection of Christmas movies and the Carols by Candlelight repeat may affect their standard Christmas Day programs.

What do you predict they’ll do in Northern NSW where 10 programming is patched out?

2 Likes

It probably won’t be.

2 Likes

Back to SD on 9 National News in Mildura, Ch. 80.

2 Likes

I have it on good authority that the last time this happened was due to closed captioning issues on the HD feeds. All parties were well aware of the problem and had it fixed in a few days. Looks like it is causing issues for them again.

9 Likes

Same in Bendigo.

2 Likes

Given captioning is about the only thing the ACMA fairly actively enforces, probably best they be safe.

6 Likes

For some reason I actually like the bad quality, I don’t know why.

3 Likes

Said no one ever.

6 Likes

Guess we now know why VIC was in such terrible quality!

8 Likes