Nine (WIN)

The thing I’m keeping an eye on is WIN after Bruce, I have a feeling it won’t be long for this world as it’s own entity.

1 Like

His son will probably take over. He’s been groomed for a while now.

4 Likes

Andrew is the executive chairman of WIN. He in theory already runs the operation.

6 Likes

I was reading that WIN Television is the worlds largest private regional network of land mass?

2 Likes

There’s no value there he’ll want to sell out surely, it’s just Bruce hanging on to the glory days. A metro network would snap it up at the right price.

5 Likes

Correct, WIN covers the most surface area across the country. The map below is a bit outdated since they now cover Northern NSW as well but you get the picture. The only regional markets they don’t cover are Spencer Gulf (not sure why it’s shown on the map), Broken Hill, Darwin and Remote Central & East.

7 Likes

It’s a con of a statement. WIN is privately owned, so they are the biggest privately owned network. However, the ASX listed Southern Cross Austereo television network covers a larger area.

If my adding up is correct, SCA television covers 5,107,155 km², WIN television covers 3,403,337 km².

7 Likes

Canberra Ident

1 Like

That’s duller than a WIN News bulletin.

3 Likes

To be fair, you are talking about Canberra. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

You’d at least expect WIN to use proper English rather than “wanna”.

3 Likes

Isn’t Bermuda was a very relaxed place? :innocent:

1 Like

107 posts were split to a new topic: Regional Affiliation Contract Negotiations 2021

Two more local IDs:

1 Like

Flicking channels this morning and saw this.

I’m sure HCF would be happy to know they’ve paid for this slot on Studio 10 just to have their logo covered by the WIN logo in all the regional areas.

8 Likes

Maybe the WIN logo should be moved to top right corner

1 Like

Shouldn’t even be a watermark there during Studio 10 anyway.

4 Likes

Putting a lot more care into it then they will.

3 Likes

As if one WIN logo wasn’t enough… here’s two for the Interview that was on tonight.

Found this picture on Facebook:

13 Likes

9 Likes