Nine Tennis Coverage

I’ve used 7’s app every year it was offered and in terms of singles matches, they streamed every match that was available to broadcast.

You talk up Nine’s offering but unlike every other court, they don’t have a dedicated RLA stream

2 Likes

Main channel coverage caps:

No you’re not correct. Seven had every court streamed for a few years now. the recency bias is strong in this one.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. For example, 9 are tonight focusing on MCA which features Barty & Tomic

Let’s all take a good old break and enjoy the tennis shall we?

Exactly. Not the same as having every court available live.

Thanks for your correction.

Yep, I think they launched it in 2016.
Every court had a stream, almost exactly like Nine’s offering right now. It’s nice to see Nine continue this, but it would have been a significant downgrade if they didn’t.

2 Likes

Seven had every court shown live, stop with the incorrect postings…

4 Likes

Didn’t 7Tennis make you pay for every match and high definition? If this is correct Nine’s offering is leaps and bounds on that!

2 Likes

Kinda coming around to the (TA?) graphics (they’re in kahootz with Nine through and through as host country broadcaster anyway so not like Nine are at a disadvantage not designing their own - which would only mean more money for them anyway)…

Because we must’ve missed those 3D graphics, etc last years? They look so good :heart_eyes:

The 9now live streaming is not working for me. Streams about 20 seconds then freezes. Tried Chrome and MS browsers.

I can’t access the court 13 stream, a shame as that is the match I am most keen on watching. All the others aren’t working too bad with a slow internet connection.

Are Nine actively promoting the other courts? (e.g.) a graphic showing all the feeds (like Seven’s “Megawall”), host saying “and over on 9Gem or on the app”.

Because if they’re not, that’s not flash.

I reset/restarted everything and now it’s working. I’m on court 12.

ONLY if you paid for it. Very different to getting it for free from Nine. Nothing incorrect about my postings at all. Stop being deliberately misleading.

Mine was working a treat (Apple device and chromecasting 9Now)

1 Like

I believe it is Sharp Sans Display No. 2

1 Like

Don’t know about the app or HD, but the 7tennis website streamed every court for free. I used it to watch matches on court 17, or wherever.

Good to know!

It hung 4 or 5 times during about 45 minutes. A couple of times it recovered quickly but sometimes it stayed hung and I had to reload the page to get it back, which meant watching another ad first. There should be a button to re-connect without reloading if it’s going to be so poor at recovering.