Nine Tennis Coverage

ESPN didn’t air it this year.

Cameron Williams is at Melbourne Park.

Whether he’s just there for Nine News Sydney or will contribute to the tennis production in some way (features, roving reporter, etc).

They did air it - I watched a bit of it through Kayo

1 Like

He was holding a WWOS mic flag (rather than a Nine News one) during tonight’s bulletin, so it wouldn’t overly surprise me if Cam is involved with the Australian Open coverage in some way.

1 Like

AUSTRALIAN OPEN BROADCAST SCHEDULE - Monday 14 January

DAY SESSION

Starts 11.00am AEDT

MARIA SHARAPOVA v HARRIET DART

JAMES DUCKWORTH (Aus) v RAFAEL NADAL

SLOANE STEPHENS v TAYLOR TOWNSEND

ALEX DE MINAUR (Aus) v PEDRO SOUSA

FELICIANO LOPEZ v JORDAN THOMPSON (Aus)

KEVIN ANDERSON v ADRIAN MANNARINO

STEFANOS TSITSIPAS v MATTEO BERRETTINI

POLONA HERCOG v ANGELIQUE KERBER

MATTHEW EBDEN (Aus) v JAN-LENNARD STRUFF

NIGHT SESSION

Starts 7.00pm AEDT

ASH BARTY (Aus) v LUKSIKA KUMKHUM

DENIS ISTOMIN v ROGER FEDERER

ALISON VAN UYTVANCK v CAROLINE WOZNIACKI

MARIN CILIC v BERNARD TOMIC (Aus)

Nine rolling with the TA graphics

2 Likes

James Bracey hosting Australian Open Pre Show at 10am.

3 Likes

YOu can stream all the matches live on AO platforms on 9Now so no updates from Bracey, Maddern, Tony Jones

Liking the outdoor studio out with the public. Give’s it a better atmosphere

3 Likes

Caps:

4 Likes

Australian Open major partners Kia and ANZ are among four top tier partners of Nine’s multiplatform coverage. AO sponsor Mastercard is one of a dozen second level sponsors. Some brands were not among the telecast sponsors when Seven showed AO last year.

There’s already good vibe and freshness about nine’s coverage.

3 Likes

That setup looks nice. So far so good.

2 Likes

James is really good as host, never really seen much of him, as I am from adelaide, but what I have seen this morning he is an asset for nine.

Upbeat and great vibe!

1 Like

Never thought I’d say this but I am liking the coverage from Nine so far. Feels strange not seeing it on Seven though. The same can be said for the Cricket being on Seven and not Nine

7 Likes

Good to see Nine treating it well. Seven was becoming quite complacent towards the end of their run and failed to innovate, which was probably something that led to Tennis Australia and Nine dealing.

Sadly same can’t be said for Seven and cricket.

1 Like

News Update with Julie Snook

3 Likes

Looks fresh and fun. I’m loving Nine’s energy and enthusiasm around this. Seven don’t seem as proud or happy to have the cricket (confession: I know how to play, and enjoy tennis, but have no idea about cricket so may be biased).

2 Likes

Maybe because it isn’t exclusive and they shelled out a bomb for a piece of golden sticker.

Graphics are fresh and an outdoor presentation looks fun rather than from a studio

5 Likes