Nine Tennis Coverage

Bracey is usually based in Sydney. As he hosts Sports Sunday, NRL and a fill-in host for the Sunday NRL Footy Show - all based in Sydney.

Yes I know he’s usually Sydney based but he hosted the AO draw last night from Melbourne Park and Clint Stanaway has shared hosting duties for Sydney International, which leads me to believe that the coverage is coming from Melbourne.

aah, okay. I didn’t realise that Bracey hosted the AO Draw last night from Melbourne.
So my guess is as good as yours. Sorry about that.

The other members of the big 4 basically didn’t play post US Open (and Roger didn’t play the French Open, and may not again), and he’s certainly not as popular as half the field is (even though they’re flogs, there’s still many younger members of the population who see Nick and Bernard as more attractive than Novak ever is, was or will be).

I think he was hosting prime time from Sydney until Tuesday or Wednesday? He did last few days of Brisbane International too during day time.

Channel nine show an old hugh grant movie over the women’s semi. That’s just pure laziness

Match can be viewed on 9Now which is watermark-free

2 Likes

The tennis match has gone well past midnight and The commentators are getting tired. THe crowd At Ken Rosewall Arena are feeling weary.

The WTA coverage has different graphics. As shown on the WTA Twitter feed, and Italian channel SuperTennis.

SuperTennis is available in Italy free-to-air and on satellite. This week the channel has shown matches from the Sydney, Fast4, Auckland and Hobart tournaments live.

What does the French Open have to do with anything? Novak won Wimbledon and US Open in which all 4 participated. Also Federer played post US Open. Maybe some young Australians prefer them but the majority of the Australian population think they are flogs, you just have to look at social media.

I know who I would prefer to look up to.

Coverage of the Sydney International is on the primary channel in HD into all markets.

He’s won about 4 Aussie Opens and is the current Wimbledon and US Open champ. I predict him to win this year if Roger doesn’t

2 Likes

Yep. He’s won 6 Aus Opens. I’d back him ahead of Federer any day of the week in Melbourne.

2 Likes

The schedule for first day of Australian Open was released this afternoon. Nine will broadcast these matches on Monday night.
Rod Laver Arena (9Gem from 7pm AEDT): Alison Van Uytvanck v Caroline Wozniacki followed by Denis Istomin v Roger Federer
Margaret Court Arena (main channel / 9GO! from 7pm AEDT): Ashleigh Barty v Luksika Kumkhum followed by Marin Cilic v Bernard Tomic

1 Like

Yeah, they had on a TA style graphic “Aussie night” on Ch 9 for Day 1 night and “Champions night” on 9Gem for Day 1 night.

If the prime time matches finish early, I guess they’ll choose the best of what’s remaining. All courts can of course be streamed on 9Now.

Highlights of the World Tennis Challenge in Adelaide shown today:

2 Likes

Why are they using the watermark of 9HD and not the Wide World Of Sports? They have been all over the place with the watermark. It would be nice to see all sport just use the WWOS watermark. #firstworldissue

First time an Adelaide tennis tournament has been televised for awhile.

1 Like

They tend not to use the WWOS watermark for highlights packages

1 Like

It’s aired on ESPN last few years, not sure if it was this year…