Nine Tennis Coverage

Telecast of Brisbane International finished at 1:18AM (AEDT on 1 Jan 2019). Happy New Year!

I don’t know how many times the hosts have referred to Brisbane’s river and how beautiful the city is, but is that all they’ve got? Like a pre written sentence or two script? When returning from ads showing the city. Lame-ish.

Erin molan has done a good job tonight though.

1 Like

BRISBANE INTERNATIONAL - BROADCAST SCHEDULE - Tuesday, January 1

DAY SESSION

Starts 11.00am local time in Brisbane (12.00pm AEDT)

S. Stephens (USA) vs J. Konta (GBR)

J. Duckworth (AUS) vs A. Murray (GBR)

N. Kyrgios (AUS) vs R. Harrison (USA)

NIGHT SESSION

Starts 7.00pm local time in Brisbane (8.00pm AEDT)

D. Aiava (AUS) vs N. Osaka (JPN)

A. Popyrin (AUS) vs A. de Minaur (AUS)

1 Like

Alternate coverage of the Brisbane International on Show courts so I don’t have to put up with the pop-up ads of Married at First Sight and voiceovers.

Won’t this be directly head to head with the anticipated Federer vs Serena mixed doubles on the main channel?

Yes…

They are two completely different competitions so it can’t be helped unfortunately.

What channel will that be on?

9GO

1 Like

So they have Serena on the main and the Brisbane International on 9go!? Just want to know what channels to flick.

Correct.

1 Like

Hopman Cup has been on the main channel in Perth with the exception of 5.30-7.00pm for Hot Seat and News.

1 Like

Wonder if this was a stipulation in the rights? Seens a bit odd, as Hopman Cup is older and locally iconic to Perth, but historically Brisbane International has rated better.

Seems like it’s a Nine initiative considering they’re doing the same thing for QLD viewers regarding the Brisbane International (at least in the daytime)

1 Like

Vic regional news set seems to be now used for Hopman cup coverage. Huge improvement.

Any caps? What makes you say this?

Because it was on my television.

2 Likes

Good to see they added something local to the Hopman Cup feed, with a Perth city backdrop now behind Bec.

Yes I see they’ve added a plasma screen to the WWOS / Sunday Footy Show set, featuring the Perth sky line.

Seems kind of counter-intuitive that all of Nine’s flashy promos in recent days were about “Federer vs Serena”…

Yet it’s mixed doubles AND just hit midnight in Sydney and Melbourne :sleeping: Better hope the late share is big in Perth and Brisbane (9pm / 11pm respectively)

1 Like

We can only hope. Her idea of commentary is talking non stop about herself.