Nine Tennis Coverage

So has Nine only got coverage on Gem this year with no extra streams on 9 now?

Yeah, usual coverage. Stan is available if you want to pick what court you want

7 Likes

You can still live stream the court Nine are showing and Nine’s main channel as broadcast (locally) though.

I think at least Wimbledon (outside our domestic summer) Nine usually switch to main channel don’t they, later in the night say after NRL? However not sure what impact Ashes will have. I’d expect, if times allow and player dependant, in markets where there’s just movies or ob docs tennis / sports would get main channel treatment (Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth).

1 Like

Nine’s matches tonight:

Aryna Sabalenka v Marta Kostyuk
Thanasi Kokkinakis v Dan Evans
Andrey Rublev v Laslo Djere
Danielle Collins v Jessica Pegula

1 Like

10 Likes

Interesting to see they’ve put most Aussie games on Stan Sport

Loving the commentary by Brenton Speed

2 Likes

Has he signed with 9? Looks like he has left FOX because he’s been doing NRL for 9 too

From what I can gather, he joined Nine in April and his first assignment (if that’s the right word for it) was calling the Cowboys vs Dolphins match that same month.

He could come in handy come next year’s Australian Open and Paris Olympics.

8 Likes

That Paris backdrop on the set is spectacular

3 Likes

Brenton Speed officially joined the Nine Network back in March.

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Stan Sport

note to mods: link is somewhat relevant

1 Like

5 Likes

The scheduling has been kind for Nine to show the Aussies this week

11 Likes

More well deserved praise for Brenton Speed, he’s going very well with Todd and Jelana tonight on the Kokkinakis match. He’s much better at this than AFL commentary by far!

7 Likes
1 Like

Maybe they’re not/weren’t contracted to broadcast the women’s doubles final?

1 Like

And why wouldn’t Nine air tonight’s Djokovic final on their main channel, 11pm, c’mon? And could’ve been well timed being a long weekend (extra late viewers) and with AFL finished and looks like cricket will be over too. I suppose as last two weeks have been on 9Gem for familiarity. Still time to change their mind… @TV.Cynic

6 Likes

10:30 start has been promoted all day and tonight.

5 Likes