Nine Tennis Coverage

Davis Cup:

5 Likes
3 Likes

Brett Phillips is hosting tonight. He said that Todd Woodbridge is flying over to cover the Laver Cup. Do Nine/Stan have the rights for this tournament, or is he there for the world feed?

1 Like

maybe Stan but I thought it was highlights of the tournament on Nine.

1 Like

Stan have the rights for Laver Cup

1 Like

Australia finished second in their group after losing to Germany 2-1 in the final round robin tie overnight. Australia will next play Netherlands in the first quarter final on November 22 which will be shown live on 9Gem.

All quarter finals, semi finals and final of this year’s Davis Cup will be held in Malaga, Spain.

5 Likes

He’s done commentary for the world feed in the past. Laver Cup is partly run by TA.

1 Like

It’s Brett Phillips not Brett McLeod
Brett Philips has been doing overnight duties for Roland Garros, Wimbledon and the US Open for Nine. He is also the On court announcer at Rod Laver Arena for the Australian Open

5 Likes

Wow. Thanks for spotting my mistake. Apologies from my end. I’ll update my post now.

I like him as a host and commentator he does a good job.

4 Likes

Brett also commentates various sports for SEN. Mostly AFL but also the occasional tennis event when he’s not busy with Nine.

3 Likes

Laver Cup Highlights - 9GEM
Saturday, 1 Oct

10:00 AM - 11:10 AM [70 mins]

Highlights of the 2022 Laver Cup from the O2 Arena in London, United Kingdom. Team Europe includes Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic and Team World includes Alex De Minaur, Felix Auger-Aliassime, and John Isner.

2 Likes

Season 4 of tennis show Cross Court will be shown at 1.30pm Saturdays from October 8.

Tennis from a new angle in the lead up to the 2023 Australian Summer of Tennis. With Todd Woodbridge and Jelena Dokic.

7 Likes

Nine on the verge of renewing. Let’s hope so so they have air it exclusively. They’ve done a good job over the last rights cycle.

Next will be cricket in negotiations.

11 Likes

Has anyone other then Nine and Seven expressed interest in the rights?

1 Like

I do not think so, but Ten/Paramount I think would want Cricket. For Foxtel who partners with Seven I do not think they can get the rights if Seven pulls out of the Cricket race, as Nine and Ten would probably partner with Stan/Paramount+ respectively, unless it is a deal where sport is simulcast on Nine/9Now/Foxtel/Kayo/Stan Sport etc, which I doubt Foxtel would like. Speaking of the tennis deal, it is expected to be 100 million a year, a BIG increase on the last which was 60 million.

What about the Olympics? Most countries around the world have gotten rights (counting Dentsu in Asia/Eurosport in Europe etc.) except for us, some remote Oceania countries and Russia. Surely an announcement is coming soon.

2 Likes

As expected. They should get the Davis Cup/BJK Cup exclusively. Their coverage this year was second to none with all Grand Slams on FTA for the first time ever.

3 Likes

Olympics will most probably be on 7 again but Nine will be good

5 Likes

A big windfall for Nine and a $40mil increase when they snatched the rights from 7 in 2018 from 2019-2024.

2 Likes

And Seven are probably paying well overs for the AFL…

6 Likes