03:00 pm The Shute Shield Warringah v Manly

Brisbane
03:00 pm Hospital Cup GPS v Bond Uni

4 Likes

BLEDISLOE CUP LIVE AND FREE

ON CHANNEL 9 AND 9NOW

SATURDAY NIGHT 7.30PM FROM THE MCG
STREAMING AD-FREE IN 4K UHD ON STAN SPORT

The Eddie Jones era continues the chase for its first big scalp when the underdog Wallabies try to break their 21-year Bledisloe Cup drought against the All Blacks at the MCG, this Saturday night from 7.30pm on Channel 9HD.

As tough as the task may appear, the Wallabies had a victory over the All Blacks stolen in the opening game of the series in Melbourne last year, following a dubious refereeing decision.

The star-studded All Blacks remain the gold standard in the international arena and will be showing Australia no mercy on their way to the Rugby World Cup in September.

Jones has made a raft of team changes to the Wallabies line up for the MCG fixture, where the Wallabies points scoring will depend on outside backs Marika Koroibete, rising star Mark Nawaqanitawase and Andrew Kellaway plus the new halves combination of Carter Gordon and Tate McDermott.

In commentary for Nine’s Wide World of Sports are Wallabies legends Tim Horan, Drew Mitchell and Justin Harrison, All Blacks dual World Cup winner Sonny Bill Williams, former international Morgan Turinui, caller Sean Maloney, hosts Nick McArdle and Michael Atkinson, plus dual international Allana Ferguson on the panel.

Broadcast schedule

Sydney 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Melbourne 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Brisbane 7.30pm LIVE on Channel 9HD and 9Now
Adelaide 7.00pm LIVE on 9GemHD and 9Now
Perth 5.30pm LIVE on 9GemHD and 9Now

3 Likes

A little surprised that the Bledisloe isn’t on the main channel in Adelaide and even in Perth, where rugby has a decent following.

And as I reckon it’s the Wallabies equivalent of cricket’s Ashes in terms of status and prestige, except that the opposition is much better at it!

1 Like

Yeah, especially Perth given they have a, you know, professional rugby union team.

1 Like

This info differs from previous advice that had RU on 9Gem and cricket on the main channel. Typo?

The Fourth Test is on the main channel - seems that it would rate better than rugby in SA and WA.

3 Likes

Agree, cricket would rate better than rugby in the AFL states.

I forgot the 5th Test was also on.

4 Likes

In recent times i cant remember the news being preempted by anything other than State of Origin and the grand final in Perth.

The game is in HD on Gem while the Ashes is on Go before changing to the main channel. Im fine with this, would probably be good to chuck up a banner ad promoting the rugby and cricket though

4 Likes

Nine’s online program guide is still showing this to be on 9Gem in Melbourne with Ashes on the main channel which was as previously advised.

1 Like
5 Likes

The 'G looking marvellous there in those shots, BTW it’s actually not that cold in Melbourne tonight, surprised by some attire (even Seven’s AFL team tonight at Marvel), was a very mild spring-like gorgeous afternoon.

2 Likes

More of the MCG this evening from Stan Sports 4k

6 Likes
2 Likes

The Super Round (Round 2) will be held at Melbourne’s AAMI Park on the first weekend of March.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This morning, I spoke to Channel Nine Perth on the phone and asked what Rugby World Cup 2023 matches they will broadcast. I don’t know what matches they will broadcast. I hope that the opening match between France and NZ will be shown on FTA.

3 Likes

The promo on TV only suggest Australian matches live and free and the rest play out on stan sport. You’d like to think a couple of other marquee matches would be on free to air to cross promote the coverage on Stan.

1 Like

The RWC final will also be shown live and free.

1 Like
7 Likes