Nine/Stan Rugby Union Coverage

last year, when Bledisloe CUp was played in Auckland, the game was shown on 9GEm in all states except Perth where it was shown on 9HD. I still think they will follow this similar schedule like this.

2 Likes

According to online guides, the Bledisloe Cup match in Auckland will be shown live on 9Gem across Australia from 4.30pm AEST. (The cycling doesn’t finish until 5pm AEST)

1 Like

Will probably move to 9Go!

MASSIVE two logo mic sock on the Bledisloe coverage

Looks like it’s covering up something underneath and isn’t fitting properly.

1 Like

Wondering if they were borrowing Sky equipment perhaps

2 Likes

Yes I suspected it might be a SKY mic

1 Like

The Super Rugby Pacific 2023 draw was announced on Sunday, the day after the All Blacks thrashed the Wallabies 40-14 in Eden Park. The season kicks off on Friday, February 24 with Crusaders hosting Chiefs in Christchurch, before Waratahs face Brumbies at the new SFS.

1 Like

Are the Australia RWC games on FTA

If you are referring to the upcoming Women’s World Cup in New Zealand, then the answer is yes.
9Gem will show New Zealand v Australia live tomorrow (Saturday) from 4.30pm AEDT.

1 Like

Why? Quite poor from Ninr

When Stan announced it bought the rights to men’s and women’s Rugby World Cup, the press release (posted above) didn’t say that Australian matches in the Women’s Rugby World Cup would be shown on FTA. So this is a change of heart.

I expect that the Wallaroos matches against Scotland on October 15 and against Wales on October 22 will also be shown live on FTA. Keep an eye at the Rugby Australia website for updates.

UPDATE 14/10:
The Wallaroos’ game against Scotland on Saturday will be shown live on Stan Sport only, not on FTA.

UPDATE 2 21/10:
The Wallaroos’ final group game, against Wales on Saturday, will also be shown live on Stan Sport only.

3 Likes
1 Like

The 2022 Autumn Nations Series starts this weekend with Scotland hosting Australia at Edinburgh. Unlike last year where Stan Sport and beIN shared the broadcast rights in Australia, this year’s matches will be shown live on Stan Sport exclusively.

2 Likes

Sunday 30 October

Sydney, Melbourne

11:00 AM WOMEN’S WORLD CUP RUGBY 2022 - PRE-SHOW - Australia v England

11:30 AM WOMEN’S WORLD CUP RUGBY 2022 - Australia v England

Wide World of Sports brings you all the action when Australia plays tournament favourites England in the Rugby World Cup quarterfinals, live from Waitakere Stadium, Auckland. Kick off 11:30AM AEDT.

Brisbane
10:00 AM WOMEN’S WORLD CUP RUGBY 2022 - PRE-SHOW - Australia v England

10:30 AM WOMEN’S WORLD CUP RUGBY 2022 - Australia v England

Adelaide
11:00 AM WOMEN’S WORLD CUP RUGBY 2022 - Australia v England

3 Likes

New Zealand will face England in Saturday’s final at a sold-out Eden Park.

1 Like

As i have looked on the television guide, I noticed that there was no FTA coverage of the Rugby World Cup 2021 Final on Nine/GEM. Instead, this game is beamed exclusively behind Stan Sport.

Yep, given they won’t get many viewers.

Rugby Australia continues to make the poor decisions. :muscle: :pray: :-1: :+1:

They have nothing to do with this.

1 Like

Given its on early Saturday evening slot, I think it would have been a good chance to sacrifice a night of ratings on Gem to promote Nines Home of FTA rugby status.

By now I would think everyone who wanted to watch the tournament, would already have a subscription to Stan. So to bring a casual viewer in would be good

1 Like