Nine/Stan Rugby Union Coverage

Well the men’s team A) isn’t making their Super W debut, and B) plays in the SR Trans-Tasman competition, not Super Rugby AU (which doesn’t exist anymore I know)

But, yes, I get your point.

Wasn’t there all this fuss about the Argentinian team being basically the national team, surely having the Fiji team is much the same? Also, isn’t it a bit discriminatory to have a team where you have to be Fijian (or Pacific-an)?

It’s not their national team though, many of their top players are based in Europe and the Drua can’t compete with those salaries.

Their first five is a New Zealander.

2 Likes

Stan Sport exclusive for the Super W?

Very disappointing if that’s the case, seeing that every other major sport has a free to air component (excluding netball, ironically)

1 Like

I think the final might be on 9Gem.

Free to Air coverage for Super W confirmed

Probably should have been sorted a while back but better late than never. Waratahs vs Brumbies on 9go tomorrow before the men’s game

2 Likes

I think the 9GO! broadcast will be a one-off because 9Gem is showing Davis Cup tennis tomorrow. I expect 9Gem to air the other three Super W games plus the April 24 final.

1 Like

Great to see women’s rugby on free to air TV for the first time ever

Apart from last Sunday on Nine/9Gem? (Yes I know league is a seperate code but it’s a type of rugby)

1 Like

Na. Rugby is Rugby, League is League. Unless you don’t know the game, you would never refer to League as just Rugby

7 Likes

Nine will show 90-minute highlights from the inaugural Aqua Rugby tournament next Saturday (March 19) at 2pm local time. Four years in the making, Aqua Rugby is described a floating rugby union festival, with matches played on a 30x30m pontoon pitch, by former and current rugby greats, representatives from local clubs (including the Manly Marlins and Warringah Rats) and other random guests.
It was originally planned to be held on March 4-5, but day one of the tournament was cancelled after big harbour swells prevented the tugboat towing the pontoon from making the journey to Manly Cove from Silverwater. Eventually it was completed as a one-day competition on March 5.

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

Stan will also broadcast Women’s Six Nations rugby championship for the first time. The tournament, with TikTok as its new title sponsor, starts tomorrow night with Scotland hosting England.

2 Likes

Wallabies v England fixtures (eToro Test Series)
Wallabies v England, Saturday 2 July, 5:55pm AWST/7:55pm AEST at Optus Stadium, Perth
Wallabies v England, Saturday 9 July, 7:55pm AEST at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Wallabies v England, Saturday 16 July, 7:55pm AEST at Sydney Cricket Ground

Buildcorp Wallaroos fixtures
Buildcorp Wallaroos v Fijiana, Friday 6 May, TBC, Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Buildcorp Wallaroos v Japan, Tuesday 10 May, TBC, Bond University, Gold Coast

3 Likes

Jeez really? Not even Cbus?

Fijiana Drua will face either Waratahs or Reds in the Super W Grand Final, which will be held at Melbourne’s AAMI Park on April 23 at 2pm AEST. It will be shown live on Nine Network and streamed live on Stan Sport.

UPDATE: Fijiana Drua will play Waratahs in the grand final, shown live on 9Gem from 1.30pm AEST.

1 Like

SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC 2022

9Gem Saturday 7 May

7:30 PM AEST

Wide World of Sports presents the Western Force v Crusaders. Join our expert commentary team live for all the action right from the sidelines, kick off at 7:53PM AEST

9:45 PM AEST SUPER RUGBY PACIFIC 2022 POST-MATCH

Post match analysis and interviews from tonight’s match live from the ground and a look forward to next weeks matches.

Live to all markets.

2 Likes

Rugby Australia will announce the full fixture of Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup next week, but these articles will give you an idea of when and where the matches will be played.

UPDATE 1/5: The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield writes that the Wallabies will face South Africa at the rebuilt Sydney Football Stadium on Saturday night, September 3.

1 Like

Smart idea to play a midweek Bledisloe with the AFL prelim the next day

I think the AFL prelim was meant to be on the same night as the Bledisloe.

Agree that it’s harder to effectively be a curtain raiser to an AFL night finals game, BUT if the AFL game had been in the afternoon, having Bledisloe after it at night could have worked, as the Storm have been able to get good crowds at AAMI Park against the Warriors on ANZAC Day after the Collingwood- Essendon game.