Nine Sports Broadcasting

So they aren’t going to onsell games to Fox then? You wouldn’t claim to be ‘100% tennis’ without actually having 100% of the tennis, although knowing this is exactly what they will claim…

They don’t have 100% of the footy…

7 Likes

It just means the program using that trademark is 100% Tennis, not that they have ALL of the tennis

3 Likes

imageNine have mentioned this morning, with great sadness the passing of Darrell Eastlakes.

He was loud, at times over the top but had a passion for sport that got me hooked!
RIP Darrell Eastlake!! “Oh it’s HUGE!!”

7 Likes

Story on Nine News tonight.

5 Likes

tennis on nine is gonna suck. no great commentators, no good on screen graphics. Seven owns the tennis, it has always been on 7.

Suncorp Super Netball

The supercharged second season of Suncorp Super Netball will broadcast LIVE and FREE on NINE and 9NOW – returning with round one on Saturday, April 28, from 3.00pm AEST on Nine.

Suncorp Super Netball in 2018 will offer more access to the nation’s best netballers, some of whom join the competition straight from their success at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.

Diehard fans can get behind their state and enjoy four live matches on Saturdays from 3.00pm and Sundays from 1.00pm on Nine, 9Now, and Telstra TV to complete a huge weekend of sport on Nine.

The Nine Network will also broadcast the Quad Series resuming in September and the Constellation Cup and Fast5 Netball World Series in October.

Hosting all the action for Suncorp Super Netball will be Clint Stanaway, Jayne Azzopardi, Aislin Kriukelis and Warren Tredrea.

They will be joined by an expert commentary team including Australian netball legends Liz Ellis, Anne Sargeant, Cath Cox, Sharelle McMahon, Clare McMeniman and Sue Gaudion.

Courtside reporters will include Julie Snook, Alexis Daish, Carrie-Anne Greenbank, Michael Atkinson, Jack Berketa and Paddy Sweeney.

Nine’s Executive Producer of Netball, Keeley Devery, said: “The spotlight is well and truly on netball following the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games success, and with the added move to Nine from 9Gem, I couldn’t be more excited for the season ahead.”

Former Australian captain and Nine commentator Liz Ellis said: “I cannot wait to call the action on Nine’s Suncorp Super Netball for another year. It’s so exciting to see netball going from strength to strength and reaching more fans every year.”

Nine’s inaugural broadcast of Suncorp Super Netball in 2017 delivered sellout crowds, exceptional ratings and a new legion of fans, plus an action-packed Grand Final which saw the Sunshine Coast Lightning defeat Giants Netball 65-48.

Suncorp Super Netball will also be broadcast via 9Now, Telstra TV and the Netball Live app.
Fans will get all the latest news at Netball news, highlights, replays & breaking headlines – Wide World of Sports.

SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL: ROUND ONE BROADCAST SCHEDULE:

The Sunday game into Perth is probably not live?

9HD logo in a promo that is not red. Haven’t seen that ever.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen the Nine HD logo in blue and purple (at least) in various promos before.

1 Like

It will be live on 9Gem in Perth from 11am AWST, according to online guides.

Looks like Super Netball is following the AFL by scheduling two matches overlapping each other. Apart from Round 1, overlapping matches will also be held on Round 4 (Sunday) and Round 7 (Sunday). Why don’t they just schedule twilight matches every week?

1 Like

Most sports promos have the Nine HD logo in blue.

NRL promo:

They only use the maroon version of the Nine logo for the State Of Origin promos up there in QLD?

Even promos for Broncos games would still use the blue logo?

It was revealed on April 20 that the 2019 Santos Tour Down Under would be held on from January 10 to 20, with the women’s event on January 10-13, the People’s Classic on January 13 and the men’s event on January 15-20. Since Nine will have no cricket in January for the first time in 40 years, Tour Down Under should be shown on the main channel on all six days, unless Seven on-sells the rights to Australian Open to Nine because it clashes with the test match against Sri Lanka in Brisbane at the end of the month.

2 Likes

Suncorp Super Netball coverage for Round 2

1 Like

mp4_1044800000mp4_252400000mp4_135200000mp4_12400000mp4_4392400000mp4_5962000000mp4_2820800000mp4_4158800000

1 Like

Today’s Australian Financial Review has a detailed article on how Nine snatched the Tennis Australia rights deal from Seven. It’s still hard to believe how Nine managed to end Seven’s long-term relationship with a major sport on two occasions in the past 20 years - first with the AFL in 2000 and now tennis.

2 Likes

I’m tipping they might go after this again next, possibly CBS backed Ten too. You heard it here first.

3 Likes

Of course Nine/Ten will bid on one of Australia’s biggest sports. Why wouldn’t they? I’m not sure why this would be ground breaking…

The current broadcast deal is less than a third of the way through, such commentary and analysis is pointless and distracting at this point in time. Ta.

4 Likes

Blind Freddy agrees. Nine and Ten will definitely be in the mix come next AFL rights. Would almost guarantee Ten pickup at least 1 or 2 games, Nine could even strip Seven of all their matches and we go back to the 2002-2006 era.

Also don’t be surprised if Seven try to bid for the NRL rights too. It’s all up for grabs now, there’s no loyalty in sport broadcast partners anymore after the events of the past month.

8 Likes