Nine (Southern Cross)

^ The video won’t attach on my above post for some reason.

Here’s the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izKLN6ADZew

It’s enough to give me a headache. Anybody know a product I can take to clear it?

2 Likes

I haven’t ever seen it discussed here before, but from my comparisons, I’m 99% sure that SCA is using a statewide feed (in QLD at least) for 9Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFnu8naacfE

Damn, I’m spewing that I miss out on this

5 Likes

Praise the Lord!

Though “Set to replace the YesShop datacasting channel from Monday” isn’t accurate as YesHop shut down last year AFAIK. The channel has been “To Be Advised” ever since.

3 Likes

Ugh, pass

SCA won’t bring new multi channels in the areas that are missing 9LIFE and/or 7FLIX, but they’ll happily run this …

That article also has it coming to channel 54 in Loxton/Mt Gambier - incorrect as this is a WIN monopoly area.

Unless they’ve signed up for this rubbish too. :flushed:

3 Likes

Because the channel is paying for the airtime.

4 Likes

Well aware - I’d still be pissed if it turned up in my area over another proper channel though!

That puts us at what, 3 datacasting channels from SCA? Aspire, TVSN and this

2 Likes

You know I wouldn’t put it pass WIN to sign up for this for the South East / Riverland areas!

But still, having 9Life or 7Flix should help bring in a bit of extra ad revenue too.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before a major metropolitan network decides to pick this one up! :confused:

2 Likes

:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

So can C31.

Community television aren’t rolling in cash

2 Likes

With their millions of dollars?

1 Like

The channel listings were likely pulled directly from the SBN website, where it lists these same errors.

Probably written by some American who had a quick Google and chucked seemingly relevant info onto the page without checking; it also lists Mildura and Griffith as part of the Specer Gulf area, and Central as part of the Darwin area.

I’m sure all metro viewers will now be complaining about not getting a full suite of digital channels :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday, 9Life on Southern Cross! Your present, an American religious channel!

2 Likes

Makes sense

Although SCA’s own map on the first page also has Riverland and Mount Gambier in their coverage area, and all of Kangaroo Island (at least some of it comes under Adelaide TV1) :man_facepalming:

Interesting decision by SCA to carry the channel though. Yes I’m sure its primarily motivated by money but surely carrying 9LIFE or 7FLIX would, although cost more to run, guarantee longer returns from advertising.

1 Like

I would think SCA, Prime and WIN would have done the numbers on whether there was a return on their investment in running any extra channels.

As it is I’m sure that SCA, Prime and WIN are already struggling to fill ad space with the channels that they do have. Adding another channel is only going is only going to lead to more empty ad slots that they can’t give away. There has to be a breaking point where they can’t just switch on extra channels.

Of course. But a network that relies on fundraising to meet its US$4.5 million broadcasting bill each month just doesn’t inspire confidence that they will be around long term for SCA to keep pulling in their share of revenue

I don’t think anyone on here expected Yesshop to disappear so quickly!

2 Likes