Nine (Southern Cross)

Green and purple replace maroon and yellow at about 0:04.

Only on Media Spy would anyone give a flying fuck about that! :joy:

16 Likes

For those who couldnā€™t tell the differenceā€¦

3 Likes

I was stunned to see these idents still on regular rotation on SC9. Thought the ribbon ident had died with the refresh earlier this year.

Does Nine Sydney or Melbourne still use idents frequently? Brisbane does but theyā€™re localised.

Havenā€™t seen an Ident air (Christmas/New Year and Movie Tie-Ins aside) on Nine Sydney in agesā€¦

4 Likes

Yeah they play them here whenever the metro feed shows a sponsor board.

If SCA have their own sponsors theyā€™ll show their own sponsor board in place of the metro one, but more often than not they just air the above ident over the top.

Itā€™s weird on 9Gem, as they air the old ident with dotless Gem logo in place of the metro sponsor board, as well as letting through the proper ident from the metro feed, meaning they frequently air both the dotted and dotless idents.

4 Likes

I have not seen one on Nine Melbourne since at least 2013.

Well there is a ribbon text feature on Movie Maker.

I thought I noticed that sound as well. Hereā€™s the original that they stole the music from and didnā€™t bother changing it, also an SC9 effort.

6 Likes

Iā€™m 99% sure that a ā€œKarl & Lisaā€ Ident is part of Nineā€™s original 2012 On-Air Presentation package from zSpace!

Recorded off Nine Sydney, mid-2013:

NBN ā€œCelebrating 50 Yearsā€ version, September 2012:

5 Likes

From memory, the WIN version of the Today ident included the kick, but the ribbons didnā€™t move.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s high time we called for a Royal Commission into this mess.

9 Likes

I just canā€™t understand how someone could keep their job after making such a blunder. Sack the lot of them!

I think the mistimed ad breaks are a bigger issue than these idents.

But yes, they should be fixing up THAT mess before they start getting adventurous with these!

5 Likes

New sign at the Southern Cross television studios in Canberra.

14 Likes

Goodbye Southern Cross

3 Likes

Does anyone think that maybe Nine and SCA have done a backdoor deal involving Nine acquiring the SCA Television business (except NRTV) when the time is right? I mean there is an awful lot of signage changing going on, and specifically for Nine.

4 Likes

Wouldnā€™t surprise me but would be interesting to see what they can manage in Tasmania - would they be willing to give up their dominant Seven station which they could rename or would they keep with the TDT joint venture that they likely canā€™t call Channel Nine.

3 Likes

I guess WIN in that market would prevent anything happening to TDT. Could Nine acquire the licences in those joint venture areas, if the joint venture partners agreed or would that be not allowed?

Iā€™m sure Nine would love to have a ratings dominant station like SCTV Tasmania as a network affiliate!

Realistically, is it likely to happen anytime soon? Probably not, unless Seven increase their affiliation fees to the point that itā€™s unaffordable for SCTV Tasmania.

The way the media laws are up for review, I wonder if anythingā€™s possible.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer? Would definitely be great from the ratings point of view but having Nine run a Seven station would be very strange but I reckon the likely outcome, certainly until the affiliation fees rise as you say.

2 Likes